Motorhome Facts Forum banner
6701 - 6720 of 6864 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Morning

We are off into Cheltenham to do some Xmas shopping this morning. Aside from that I shall be watching the first Wales match of the World Cup tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,702 ·
o_O:cautious::censored::sleep::sleep::sleep:

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
I don't watch a huge amount of soccer but will follow the boys at the WC since it's the first time we have been there in 64 years. Aside from that I'd be giving it a swerve...

...not something I can do with Xmas shopping though unfortunately!

• Sad

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Morning

We are off home today after a week in Cirencester. Hopefully the weather for the journey will be kinder than yesterday as it rained all day.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
I have a few things to do, complete the passport form, post it and the reading for my gas meter that they still haven’t sorted, take my vhs and cd player to see why no electricity is getting in, collect a prescription the skin doctor gave me yesterday for my burnt finger to soften the skin, take a report to my GP she gave me about the scan I had in September and get my 3 months supply of tablets from there, what else :unsure:.
I think I’ll have to lie down now as I’m tired just thinking of all that 😴
First I Must do the ironing.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Change of plan, I will only be doing inside jobs, just came back from our walk and its buddy freezing, freezing cold, first the temperature gage said it was -1.3°c and the bit of wind is bitter, forecast says it can feel as cold as -8° on and it does. Thursday +6° so guess when I´m going.

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Back home now. MH all clean and tidy ready for the next trip although it'll be going into the dealers again tomorrow for them to have another go at sorting my 12v gremlins.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Talking about Gremlins G.
I tried to use Funky Pidgeon to send another Christmas card to Florida.
But their website is so annoying it keeps bombarding you with more options and offers you don't want and didn't ask for.
But in the meantime it loses your order, and you have to start again. Then when trying to input the discount code it won't accept it saying it's already been applied.
Then it informs me 'both' orders have been sent.
It duplicated my order and billed me for both without any discounts.

Then you try and get into contact with them and the merry-go-round starts all over again.

Ray.

• Sad
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Our son did a funky pigeon to my wife the other year for her birthday.

The card duly arrived....

To Pauline and Dave congratulations on your wedding anniversary, lots of love from Jack and Julie

...with a lovely picture of the happy couple on the front of it!

NB Just for the avoidance of doubt my wife is neither called Pauline nor Dave and we don't know anyone called Jack and Julie...and neither does our son who is called Ed!

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
It'll learn 'im...not us as we still do the old fashioned thing. I find the funky pigeon things impersonal as you can't hand write a message in the card.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
But try posting to the USA.
Your lucky if it gets there this year. And the cost is unbelievable.

But they have come back to me with a gesture of 'goodwill' offering to cancel the charge for the duplicate!! Bloody cheek, goodwill? So now I want to know why I was not allowed to enter the 50% discount code they sent me?

Ray.

• Sad
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
I do my own thing, only send Christmas cards to my 2 brothers, I may give that a miss this year as well.

In the UK I would send cards with a little personal message, and get back just signed cards With love from we also had the ritual in our lane to put a card through everyones door.
I´m with the German way, which is mostly wishing people you see Frohe Weihnachten as you pass them in the street.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
But on a plus side I now have a rendezvous for my new PET Scan next week.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ and JanHank

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,717 ·
I took the Fiesta in for it's service this morning, it's done every year, Fiesta upgraded the diesel filter a while ago, it still had the old style one on, so it's not been changed for the last two services although we paid for it.

• Wow

·
Premium Member
11,783 Posts
Morning

Busy morning for us. As I mentioned we are taking the MH in to have its 12v problems looked at..again. Then we will nip into Carmarthen to get a new battery for Mrs GMJ's watch. After that we have to hot foot it over to Llandeilo as Mrs GMJ is having her 5th Covid jab as well as her flu jab! She had a bad reaction to the last Covid jab in July so fingers crossed that she's OK after this one.

Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
As Mrs. N has about five watches for different days I keep many spare batteries in stock to change as many as three a year G.
A whole card of dozens are only £1 at markets.

Off to get battery refund form from aids shop. Then into Mairie to get our pension 'life' forms witnessed. Then coffe again with maybe a smaller crowd as it a howling gale out there and the meet is in a hotel on the sea front.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
At 2.45 dentist, to refill the hole she made in my bridge 12 days ago searching for a nerve that wasn’t there.
Before that hoover and dust, half an hour exercises with Mike on the computer, an hour on WhatsApp video with Heike.
After the dentist post the passport and gas envelopes, odds and sods shopping and by the time I get home I’ll probably be knackered.
I can’t do some of the things intended for yesterday because it’s in the opposite direction so that’s tomorrow’s plan.

6701 - 6720 of 6864 Posts