Motorhome Facts Forum banner
6721 - 6740 of 6864 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
How do you get the backs off the watches and then get them back on Ray?

Mrs GMJ has 4 watches and all of them need batteries so was planning to get all of them done. I pointed out that there was no logic to that as ...

a) She only ever wears one watch. She just doesn't change it.
b) If the watch she normally only wears runs out of battery then there would be a fair chance that the other 3 would have as well if the batteries were all changed at the same time.

We compromised: she is going to get her main one done and a spare!

Reactions: JanHank

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
I usually use a scalpel but a basic gardening knife will often do unless it's a screwed back.
Takes just a few seconds to pop the new battery in and pop the back on again. Although some backs can have a fine nylon seal that can get damaged if your not careful. I change straps as well only €1 at markets.
My wife has a watch for gardening, shopping, dining out and colour coordinated. :rolleyes:

Ray.

• Helpful
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
It used to be a hobby Jan that turned into investments that are now worth only 25%.
But a friend who used to do battery changes one day a week made a good living.
So keeping a card of spare batteries is easy and cheap.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
It used to be a hobby Jan that turned into investments that are now worth only 25%.
But a friend who used to do battery changes one day a week made a good living.
So keeping a card of spare batteries is easy and cheap.
Ray
I´m not sure that those card batteries are as good as using brand new individual ones, we tried them many years ago and the batteries didn´t last long, by the time the first battery runs out the others have all lost some power. I am using Hans's watch, it´s still going on the new battery he put in ages before he died, it tells me the time day and date in English or German as well :giggle:

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Suit yerself Jan. Yes the cheap batteries only last a couple of year and the 'new' ones out of a jeweller might last 5 years. But I know which ones I prefer to have on hand and know it's done.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
It's like hearing aid batteries Jan. €5 for six in the aids shop and €14.99 for 60 online same make.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
But I'm not in the UK.
I do get a payment from the French medical service of about €50 each year for the batteries that cost me €14.99 for 60 that last me 30 months.
Isn't that better than 'free'.?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
17,896 Posts
Had to abandon housework because I had another blessed thinkg to find on line, my ground tax that Jürgen filled in for me last week I had to confirm with a code that it was really my property with a special code they had sent in the post. Had to be made on the same email address and the same server meaning I couldn´t do it with Chrome that would have translated into English as it was done on Safari, so buggering about with translating.

Now Heike is on WhatsApp so I´m off.

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
£8.51 for a replacement lifetime battery for Mrs GMJ's watch...so not worth worrying about really. It's with Hinds the jewellers so we can use any of their branches to get replacements. She now has them on all 3 of her watches (I thought she had 4) and my one watch.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Wots a 'lifetime' G? I have been caught like that.

Ray.

Reactions: JanHank

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,295 Posts
£8.51 for a replacement lifetime battery for Mrs GMJ's watch...so not worth worrying about really. It's with Hinds the jewellers so we can use any of their branches to get replacements.
But you won't need replacements if they're lifetime.... Will you?! (I bet the answer is Yes!)

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
Wots a 'lifetime' G? I have been caught like that.

Ray.
Its free replacements for the life of the watch. So we paid yesterday and now the watch is registered so next time it needs a new battery we take it in and it gets done for free...and so on. We have done this for all our watches now and it works well. I have had my cheap timex for 15 years now and had the battery replaced several times in different branches of Hinds.

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
Morning

Nowt much planned for today just off food shopping this morning that's all.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Sounds like a bargain G, like Triggers broom. My genuine guaranteed 5 dollar Rolex bought in Mexico 25 years ago has had a dozen batts and many straps but apart from the 'gold' wearing off it perfect.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
11,476 Posts
Shower day today. :)
Mira Sport started running hot and cold by itself causing much screaming the other day.
new thermal cut-out unit has arrived so fitting it today. Not much room to operate it will be like heart surgery methinks :(
Circuit component Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Auto part

Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,740 ·
Sounds like a bargain G, like Triggers broom. My genuine guaranteed 5 dollar Rolex bought in Mexico 25 years ago has had a dozen batts and many straps but apart from the 'gold' wearing off it perfect.

Ray.
Yeah but, you still don't know what day it am though.

6721 - 6740 of 6864 Posts