Motorhome Facts Forum banner
6861 - 6880 of 7422 Posts

· Premium Member
12,444 Posts
Morning

Cleaning the bungalow this morning and then the plumber is here later to do our annual boiler service.

· Premium Member
18,448 Posts
I think I should go shopping today, the list is getting long.
Sometime this week the trench will be dug from the road to the house and the cable for my new fibre internet laid, not sure if they will bring it in as well or if that a different team.

· Premium Member
8,686 Posts
Got to go and meet this dog. I am having second thoughts though. I will see how keen Chris really is. It is me who will have to do all the training etc. Georgia has hydrotherapy this afternoon.

· Premium Member
18,448 Posts
Got to go and meet this dog. I am having second thoughts though. I will see how keen Chris really is. It is me who will have to do all the training etc. Georgia has hydrotherapy this afternoon.
That´s it then, we only went to have a look at Shade in 2007 when I said we were not going to have anymore dogs, he didn´t leave until 2018, well didn´t leave then as he is buried behind the shed.

· Premium Member
8,686 Posts
Owner cried off. I had a long chat with him about the dog's behaviour. He is going to give it a couple of weeks. Tried to get it over to him that the dog will be very stressed moving into a house where six dogs already live. From photos I have seen he looks stressed living with the two in the current set up! They are all entire dogs because they are all show dogs. Next move that I have advised is that they engage a modern behaviourist to sift through all the problems that such a large lot of dogs will have. Hopefully they will resolve it but some doggy people, having owned a few dogs think they already know it all.

· Premium Member
25,972 Posts
I would be very stressed moving into a house with more than two dogs.

Ray.

· Premium Member
18,448 Posts
I would be very stressed moving into a house with more than two dogs.
Ray.
11 dogs, a few children and several grown ups, some it was the first we had met them all in our garden and conservatory., no trouble with dogs or children. The Judge is Johnny Uncle a dog behaviourist who Pat may have heard of. I think you know which ones were ours.
It was a super afternoon.

· Premium Member
8,686 Posts
You are right to feel uncomfortable at first Ray. It is a normal human reaction. Once you have met the dogs and they have proved themselves to be sociable you might feel differently. My brother is scared of dogs and the adrenaline he produces does affect any dog he meets. He has been bitten several times and the owners always say "he's never done that before"! Dogs don't have morals. They act on instincts.

· Premium Member
25,972 Posts
I love all animals until the bite or cause me grief.
Nephew has two scatty dogs we endure next week on the way to Portugal. Totally out of control unless he shouts at them. The spaniel stinks and is always under the table, phew. The other hound always wants to have his head resting on your lap but he dribbles. It's impossible to carry anything in or out the front door as you are swept from under by the combined weight of both dogs going mad.

Ray.

Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

· Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,870 ·
I like a wet dog, wonderful smell.

Not done much lately, I put a shelf up for Liz this morning in the futility room, can't get the bugger down now :D :D :D

• Wow
Reactions: patp and raynipper

· Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,871 ·
I love all animals until the bite or cause me grief.
Nephew has two scatty dogs we endure next week on the way to Portugal. Totally out of control unless he shouts at them. The spaniel stinks and is always under the table, phew. The other hound always wants to have his head resting on your lap but he dribbles. It's impossible to carry anything in or out the front door as you are swept from under by the combined weight of both dogs going mad.

Ray.
You either have to put your foot down and say control these dogs or I don't want them anywhere near me or put a bit of lead in their ears. I had to do it with a very good friend as they alwasy jumped up with muddy feet, she didn't mind as she dressed for it, but we stopped going, her choice & ours, limited to WhatsApp now.

• Helpful
Reactions: raynipper

· Premium Member
18,448 Posts
Training, Training, Training, unfortunately too many humans think dogs train themselves which of course they will if left to their own devices and end up just as those two have Ray, unfortunately it’s owners that need training before they are allowed to own a dog.

· Premium Member
25,972 Posts
When we see/visit some friends with dogs, we always come away thinking never again.
Some are really too old to start training a new dog especially when it's come from a pound or rehoming centre.

And I'm still getting a neighbours daughters dog crapping on our nice tidy gravel most mornings.

Ray.

· Premium Member
12,444 Posts
So you found out who it was in the end then Ray? I remember you posting about it and how disgusting it was.

There are a couple who live in the village that used to turf their dog out all day every day regardless of weather. It took to crapping all over our end of the village and a few times outside our gates. I found out who it was and had a quiet word. All OK for 6 months then it started again so I reported them to the Parish Council...except that the owner is a Parish Councillor so nowt happened. I then reported them to the County Council and they were all over it like a tramp on chips!

No more problem.

If it does happen again it'll be the RSPCA next time.

Reactions: raynipper

· Premium Member
8,686 Posts
RSPCA are useless Graham. Will only be interested if they are going to get publicity. The dog warden is the one that should be involved. In fact, if it is wandering, you can get it picked up by the dog warden and the owner gets a fine. A persistent offender round here had his fine increased each time the dog was picked up. It was in the hundreds by the time he decided to fix his fencing. I took the dog home several times and then decided enough was enough and involved the dog warden.

· Premium Member
12,444 Posts
Morning

Hopefully I can get outside this morning if the mizzle holds off. I need to sand down and paint the repairs I did to our rendering the other day: 2 hairline cracks that I ground out and filled. This afternoon then Mrs GMJ has her hydrotherapy in Carmarthen.

· Premium Member
25,972 Posts
Dentist 10am then MRI 16.00pm. All in 2c.!

Ray.

· Premium Member
25,972 Posts
Initially yes G. But the results will determine going to Portugal last minute on Friday. Grrrrrrrr.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy
6861 - 6880 of 7422 Posts