Motorhome Facts Forum banner
7361 - 7380 of 7464 Posts

· Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Electrician coming today to collect the monitor he put on our meter. Beats me why a smart meter needs a monitor? We are saying that the solar panels are not connected/working properly because our bills are showing a lot of usage. The amount of export to the grid is very high and we think we should not be getting so much usage if the solar is meant to kick in before we start taking from the grid. Of course they are saying it is not possible. One idea we have come up with is that the solar we are producing is going out to the grid via one of the three phase feeds that we had installed.

Other than that, we might go food shopping or we might not.

Happy Birthday Graham. Sorry about the weather :( It is one of the negatives that made us think of using the ferry but we never got around to it.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
All OK here apart from Zero C and white everywhere.
Arrived at Caen hospital yesterday an hour early just in case the strikers slowed things up. 5mins called in to explain I need Immune therapy treatment via intravenous once a month for a year as no cancer cells had shown up in either biopsies. So we are just awaiting which hospital to advise where administered and when. We were back home about the time of the original appointment time.
My only concern is will the treatment curtail next winter in Portugal again.

Happy Birthday G and my lovely Daughter in Law.

Ray.

· Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,363 ·
Electrician coming today to collect the monitor he put on our meter. Beats me why a smart meter needs a monitor? We are saying that the solar panels are not connected/working properly because our bills are showing a lot of usage. The amount of export to the grid is very high and we think we should not be getting so much usage if the solar is meant to kick in before we start taking from the grid. Of course they are saying it is not possible. One idea we have come up with is that the solar we are producing is going out to the grid via one of the three phase feeds that we had installed.

Other than that, we might go food shopping or we might not.

Happy Birthday Graham. Sorry about the weather :( It is one of the negatives that made us think of using the ferry but we never got around to it.

I thought all smart meters come with a remote display Pat, so you can more easily monitor your usage and be in control, we tried having the heating on all day on Monday, £15.65 in total and that was only setting it at 16c.

Our Electric meter is in the back of a food cupboard so we can't see it, the gas meter is outside, the display tells us Gas and Electricity usage, as both supplied by Octopus.

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,733 Posts
I didn't know it was his birthday Kev, ta.

Happy birthday Graham.

Reactions: GMJ

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,365 ·
The vane bugger announces it every year Alan :D :D

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
Arrived at Caen hospital yesterday an hour early just in case the strikers slowed things up. 5mins called in to explain I need Immune therapy treatment via intravenous once a month for a year as no cancer cells had shown up in either biopsies. So we are just awaiting which hospital to advise where administered and when. We were back home about the time of the original appointment time.
My only concern is will the treatment curtail next winter in Portugal again. Ray
Thats good news isn´t it?
Is it possible for you to go to Portugal now you have the results Ray even for just one month after the first treatment?
I don´t know, it´s just a thought, but isn´t it possible for your consultant, or whoever, able to arrange for the treatment in Portugal ?

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
We don't have a remote for the 'smart' meter as it's inside a handy cupboard in my office. But still don't need to sit and watch the numbers, you know it's going to cost more the more you use?

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
No Jan. Apart from the treatment could start next week all the cheaper long winter lets have been taken. So now would be getting into more expensive and busier season. Not really practical from our situation.
Plus we now have booked a roofer to deal with our leaky chimney as soon as he can get up there.

Ray.

Reactions: JanHank

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
No Jan. Apart from the treatment could start next week all the cheaper long winter lets have been taken. So now would be getting into more expensive and busier season. Not really practical from our situation.
Plus we now have booked a roofer to deal with our leaky chimney as soon as he can get up there. Ray.
Don´t forget, you only live once, next year maybe too late, that's what I keep telling myself, hence the panic over the Navajo or another.

· Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Yes, smart meter shows usage but we are querying it so they are trying to prove that we run everything at full capacity during the night when the solar is not available. The bills seem too high considering we have 40 odd solar panels. They did ask me to get Octopus to look into it but why should I keep running around after these people. My query is with them not Octopus.

Glad your results were good Ray. Nuisance that the therapy interferes with your plans though :( I don't suppose a train would get you back from Portugal for your appointments? We looked into that when Chris was first diagnosed though he, I must admit, wanted to fly back!

· Premium Member
4,787 Posts
"Then neither JL or M&S stock long johns for Chris."

A few years ago I couldn't find a pair of Long Johns for my fishing trips, I found these in Lidl and were just as good. They are on sale from Thursday 26th January. Have you tried Damart? they have them at £29,

Face Joint Leg Sleeve Waist

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
Why is thermal underwear so expensive, I looked for vests a few days ago and you need to take out a bank loan, the same with compression socks they cost a small fortune. I´m only allowed 2 pair a year on the health service she told me in the shop and no way can you get more from them.

Anyway what have I done today.
These
Food Staple food Plant Ingredient Recipe
Food Staple food Plant Ingredient Recipe

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
You should move to Spain you are allowed 4 pairs a year
Last year I was allowed 4 pairs, maybe the shop assistant has it wrong. Hans used to order a pair every month when we were in England although I don´t think that was supposed to be allowed, he had a good stock when we came here, I didn´t have the problem of a swollen ankle when I gave all his, including unopened ones, away.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,378 ·

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Morning all

Many thanks for the nest wishes. Mrs GMJ has some short term memory issues so didn't remember until 1.50pm when we were approaching our site for the night. That gives me plenty of ammo for p1ss taking for the rest of the year :D

Motor vehicle Poster Gas Advertising Font

@raynipper Ray - good news about your biopsy result. What a relief!

Yesterday and this morning the weather is noticeable by the lack of rain! It was 10 degrees when we arrived here but very windy. Mrs GMJ has finally managed to step out of the MH - the first time since she alighted in Wales! This has been all down to the atrocious weather we have had since leaving home as she hasn't been able to get out for a walk.

One more night of travelling and then we get to our first base for a 10 night stop.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
Good news G. Hope the weather gets better as you settle into Spain. Its still around zero here this am with only 5 or 6c max forecast.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ
7361 - 7380 of 7464 Posts