Motorhome Facts Forum banner
7381 - 7400 of 7464 Posts

· Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,383 ·
We're off to Skiptonia for Luncheon today I thin although it is bloody cold out there this morning, suns up so might improve.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
We went off to the 'big' city of Cherbourg yesterday to get a couple of things and just browse as we didn't want to heat the house on an expensive day.
Found a café that offered All Day English Breakfasts €9. As it's been about 30 years since I used to regularly have a full English I decided to partake of a bit of nostalgia.
Bluddy marvellous even down to the 2 eggs on fried bread.!! Lots of bacon, chips, beans, etc. and the only downside was the cold French plate. They just can't get it that cold plates makes us eat faster and then get indigestion. So 9/10.

Ray.

Reactions: JanHank

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
It was about 11.30 so before the crowd and then the shops were almost deserted when we went in about 13.00.
Very large Auchan complex but very few customers in store despite the sales. But the odd customer did have their trolleys piled high

Ray.

Reactions: JanHank

· Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,388 ·
Their way of getting empty tables Ray, here they just use uncomfortable chairs with dead straight backs, if I see them we just turn around and walk out as I cannot sit on them for more than a few minutes certainly not for a meal.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
The French are still very traditional in their eating habits.
Big lunch between 12 and 2pm. Light dinner late at 7 or 8pm.
If you have a table for midday lunch it's yours for the duration. They never Hussle you to fit another seating in. Not here anyway.
But I do wish they could at least warm their plates.

Ray.

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
But I do wish they could at least warm their plates.
Ray.
It's surprising how many places and people don´t warm plates before putting a hot meal on it.
One place we used to go to on the odd occasion just over the border knew when they saw us they had to warm the plates first.
Another In CZ, a campsite, the meals were super, but served on cold plates until guess who pointed out much better to serve hot on hot. I wonder if they still do.

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,719 Posts
Had the grandchildren up the hills this morning. Some parts still quite icy. Having negotiated all of it reasonably well, we were in sight of the car when Katie went into a large deep puddle (wellies on) slipped on ice that had gone to the bottom. It was like something from a cartoon - legs up in the air n straight down on her bum in the middle of the puddle! Only her pride was hurt then she could laugh about it!

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
Have intermittent internet problems all today. As soon as I connect to a site I lose internet. But it's on and off every few minutes.
Contacted sfr and a squeaky voice asked all the usual reboot suggestions without making any difference. But mail does come in now and again. In fact sfr sent and e-mail telling me their 'technician' will call my mobile at 11.30 monday. This via a faulty line?

Ray.

· Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Have intermittent internet problems all today. As soon as I connect to a site I lose internet. But it's on and off every few minutes.
Contacted sfr and a squeaky voice asked all the usual reboot suggestions without making any difference. But mail does come in now and again. In fact sfr sent and e-mail telling me their 'technician' will call my mobile at 11.30 monday. This via a faulty line?

Ray.
Was that sfr in French Ray?

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Morning

We had a lovely drive yesterday and at last the sun is out so no rain. It's our last day of driving today as we get to our base for 10 nights later. Fingers crossed we get a good pitch as it's a new site for us so not sure what to expect.

We have managed to get up to Lesson 12 on our Coffee Break Spanish CD's so have broken new ground! previously we have only got to lesson 11 as we have to repeat them at least once for it to stick.

We are going to start playing them at home from December 1st this year in readiness for our next trip in 2024.

Reactions: raynipper

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
Second Musketeer signing in, good morning,
I don’t know what I will do today, probably similar to yesterday, not a lot. I did a bit of ‘office work‘ yesterday, tidied the garage a bit fiddled about with housework stuff got fedup with that, tried to find something on Netflix to amuse me, couldn`t so started up the Kindle to sort out what was what on there as I haven`t used it for a long time, found the book I wanted and started reading.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
We were woken at 9am with a video call from our son in VietNam and their Chinese New Year on the beach. 28c and glorious panorama. They are 6 hours ahead and will be enjoying a vast fireworks horizon soon.
Just trying to keep warm here now at 2c. Brrrrrrr. But so far have internet.

Ray.

Reactions: erneboy

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Got to our site for the next 10 nights, safe and sound. What a palaver getting to it mind as the road the sat nav wanted to take me down was a Military Zone. We then found signs to the site but the road was closed! After at least 3/4 hour back and fore we managed to drive down what would pass as a goat track (I kid you not) before it opened up into a road that was metalled!

First impressions are good. Very helpful reception bloke; choice of pitches all fully serviced-ish (no obvious grey water drain).

Got here too late to put the awning up so drinking beer instead :)

7381 - 7400 of 7464 Posts