Motorhome Facts Forum banner
7401 - 7420 of 7464 Posts

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Morning

This morning we shall see if we can walk to the nearest supermarket. If not I guess we'll cycle. Then we'll finish setting up our pitch before doing some relaxing!

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
Why do I feel so guilty about doing nothing except reading and writing on forums, watching the news or Netflix, reading a book and paying attention to Motley, can´t be bothered cooking anything except a pork schnitzel, potato and mixed frozen veg. I could go to Obi and swap this shower hose, or get my hair cut, or do the bit of shopping I have on my list, but it´s such a miserable day, no wind which is a bonus, instead it´s one of those very damp atmosphere days and I can´t be bothered days so as I can I won´t do anything other than what I have said. No Netflix though I am weening myself off 😁 It´s like a blessed drug and habit forming.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
I must have received almost a dozen similar comments recently Jan. It's the time of the year and possibly world depression.

Ray.

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
I must have received almost a dozen similar comments recently Jan. It's the time of the year and possibly world depression.
Ray.
Nothing to do with the world Ray, but definitely the time of year, once spring is here with more hours of light and warmer I could think of a few things to do especially if I have the Navajo, but the car will take me to different places as well. I have the idea of going to see my friends in Warmeloh next month, but that's no good if it's wet and unpleasant weather around horse country. I need a man friend Ray where can I find one :unsure:

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
Barry's Ivor Bigun club.

Ray.

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,720 Posts
Why do I feel so guilty about doing nothing except reading and writing on forums, watching the news or Netflix, reading a book and paying attention to Motley, can´t be bothered cooking anything except a pork schnitzel, potato and mixed frozen veg.
Hang on in there Jan, the guilt will soon pass then you can enjoy doing very little!

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts

· Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Just dog walking today. Freezing cold this morning but slightly milder this afternoon.
Oh, and we have booked a two week stay in Devon for beginning of July. Going to treat daughter, son in law and granddaughter to come with us. I think they will only stay a week or so which will probably be enough :) Got several staycations booked now. One to Windsor Horse Show in May, then Devon in June and Burleigh Horse Trials in September. Now have to look for a Travel Lodge or similar to break the journey to Devon. Sad isn't it when we used to do all those miles to Spain and now find a journey to Devon daunting :)

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Morning

I had a ride out on my bike yesterday morning in order to find a supermarket. Back at base we then put the awning up (which was just as well as it started raining at 3 o'clock this morning)! In the afternoon we had a walk on the beach and then it was warm enough to sit outside and catch some rays. Tea was the fits BBQ of the year.

Today we plan to give the MH a clean: inside and out. If it's still raining then the outside can wait. This afternoon we'll probably watch a film unless the weather perks up. We have hired a car for 3 days from Weds so will get out and about and do some exploring.

Reactions: JanHank

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
I won´t be going far again today, something made me get up every one and a half hours during the night, seems to have settled down now, but not going to take any risks.
No idea where it came from, couldn´t have `caught it´ from anyone as I haven´t been anywhere near other people for days and I haven´t eaten anything different that could have caused it.

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Morning

What a crappy day weather-wise, we had yesterday! It didn't stop raining all day and it was cold too so we had the gas heating on all day. Hopefully today will be better. We have hired a car for 3 days so plan to go to Cartagena today and also to do a big shop at a supermarket as well.

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Morning

We didn't manage to get to Cartagena yesterday as the one approach road to the campsite was closed until 2.00pm due to over running resurfacing work...over running from Monday! So we stayed at base in the morning; had coffee in the on site resto; and generally slothed around.

At 2pm we went for a drive and did a 'big shop' at the nearby Lidl and Mercadona. The weather has picked up somewhat: no rain and slightly warmer because of it. There was also a few threatening's of sun too.

So the plan for today is to go to Cartagena!

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Reactions: erneboy

· Premium Member
8,703 Posts
My brother is supposed to be coming over today and bringing his mate who is a top notch service engineer on all things digger related. He will service the digger for us. I might pop into town to pick up the things we forgot the other day :)

7401 - 7420 of 7464 Posts