Motorhome Facts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I finished Moby Dick the other night.

It was enjoyable and not enjoyable in equal measure. Some parts were quite gripping and others slightly weird. The book is very descriptive: if you want to know more about the 19th century whaling trade, then this is your book.

As some light relief I am now reading Treasure by Clive Cussler. Typical Cussler fayre so rousing stuff.

·
Premium Member
35,811 Posts
The Panama Papers by Frederik Obermaier and Bastian Obermayer. Who can afford to opt not to pay tax and how they do it. It amounts to an extensive list of world leaders and celebs. I was going to say and crooks, but they're all crooks.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
46,627 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,366 Posts
After not reading a book for a looooong time, I am 80% through a super book written by a man with a wonderful imagination, David Baldacci, The Winner. Very readable.

Reactions: patp

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I'm reading a James Patterson book about cyber crime. It is well written so I am sticking with it. Not too many characters so that helps me keep track :)

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,400 Posts
I finally finished the Mirror and the Light - the tension was palpable even tho you knew what was coming. I've now moved on to something very light - The Olive Farm by Carol Drinkwater. She's trying too hard to be clever I think but I'll stick with it for a bit.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I still have Guy Martin's latest book Dead men don't tell tales on the go as my MH afternoon hard back reading book. At night I am currently reading The Broker by John Grisham on my kindle. Both reads are very good: classic Guy Martin pus a slight variation on his normal theme for Grisham.

·
Premium Member
35,811 Posts
Wedding Station (Berlin Station Book 7)David Downing. I like series.

Reactions: patp and raynipper

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Just read top of the Fiction sales list: The Songbirds by Christine Lefteri. Good writing style. Tragedy-romance. Topical subject woven into plot the lives and deaths of migrant workers. Thought-provoking, but probably not a topic that would generally appeal to the average male reader unless they are particularly sensitive to the plight of certain sectors of mankind.

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I have now finished The Broker by John Grisham (another cracking Grisham read) and have moved onto the 6th (?) book in the Dune series by Frank Herbert called Chapterhouse Dune. As with the others I find it a hard read.

·
Premium Member
46,627 Posts
I tried to start a biography of James Stewart yesterday but its badly written, we both bought books from the Culzean used bookshop, i got a couple of CDs too.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,400 Posts
I have now finished The Broker by John Grisham (another cracking Grisham read) and have moved onto the 6th (?) book in the Dune series by Frank Herbert called Chapterhouse Dune. As with the others I find it a hard read.
How can you put yourself through it for a 6th time Graham, if it's a hard read?

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
How can you put yourself through it for a 6th time Graham, if it's a hard read?
Masochism? :grin2:

I like a challenge Jean. It's a mountain that needs climbing tbh. For me, not all reading has to be pure entertainment but I see it as a learning opportunity and perhaps, just perhaps, it will click and I'll understand his written style (and the plots) better.

I have seen the books for sale for years and promised myself that I would tackle them one day, so am doing so.

·
Premium Member
46,627 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,811 Posts
We Are Bellingcat. Interesting and informative.

Among other things there's a lot of info about how their investigations of stories run on RT were simply Russian propaganda representing film of events in one place as having taken place in another and having been carried out by people sponsored by the west or NATO. I found it interesting just how that feeds into what Russia is saying now. Their portrayal is of a long and ongoing proxy war with NATO, so they'd say that Ukraine and whatever comes next is just another part of that war.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts