Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Its just over a week until our 10 week tour of Europe. I have pretty much decided on Normandy, Brittany and the Loire Valley but after that we are not 100% certain. Probably will head east towards Switzerland, maybe the italian lakes and Austria, Bovaria and the Black Forest (not necessarlily in that order. I think I have France pretty much sorted in that I have all the aires book and POI in my TomTom and intend to wildcamp and use aires and campsites when that is not possible. What guides do I need for the other countries I mentioned? Germany I believe has the stellplatze but not sure about Austria and Italy. Is there something I can pick up when abroad with Lat and Long coordinates? We will have a laptop with us so online resources could be useful as well.

Any suggestions of routes to take etc welcome. Also we are setting off later than I wanted and I am worried places will get busy come July. If that is the case can anyone recommend a country we can slope off to thats quiet with good weather but not too hot? Where is busiest in July? I wondered about Denmark or even some of the lesser known eastern countries. I know you probably think I should have planned all this by now but part of the fun for us is just going where we feel like at the time. Sometimes works sometimes doesnt!

Thanks
Barry

·
Registered
870 Posts
I personally like the Eyewitness guides, they can be purchased cheaply off ebay, I've never paid more than £4 for any of those I purchased.

They give an amazing amount of information about the towns and spots worth visiting.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Try Camping Car Infos they provide a DVD or USB dongle with GPS positions of Aires etc for most European countries together with photos and reports from visitors.

I thought there was an English button on there but if not you want to 'acheter' - buy :)

As regards country visiting guides Lonely Planet and Rough Guides are hard to beat - you can search (enter in Search box at the top) on Motorhome and Caravan Bookshop

:D
Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.