Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering running an online shopping facility on motorhomefacts, if i did take on this idea, what items should i sell ?

I have the following ideas so far:-

Head light converters
First Aid kit
GB Plate
Warning Triangles
spare bulb kits
fire extinguishers
fire blankets
carbon monoxide detectors
gas detectors
polarity tester
reverse polarity hook up leads
ampeage use tester
levellers
bike racks
compasses
fan heaters
remoska electric grills
skillets
tyre gauges
triple car charger adaptors, useful
inverters, (Various Watts)
maglite
leathermans
velcro ties and velcro strips
gas regulators
foreign gas regulator kits (Butane/Propane)
All camping accessories
Haynes Motorcarvan manual
aire de service guides
road maps for Europe
GPS Equipment

·
Registered
543 Posts
As I read a list appeared in my head, that list followed in your post lol.

The only thing I could add is a few more obscure manuals, try getting one for a T4 Diesel!! - a little difficult I agree.

Maybe an angle could be

"Motorhome bits for Motorhomers sold BY Motorhomers"

with recomendation stars from actual users maybe.

I have been thinking for a while about Tee shirts, window stickers etc even a ralley - keeps things alive and spreads the word

BTW how does that spanner thingy work?? I'm a part timer already lol shorely a year for that?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
If you are going to set up a shop, you could tie it in with a tick list of what you are likely to need. -
see my post under 'planning trip to france' since everything you've mentioned would be in there.
don't forget the corkscrew, both Gillian and i think that's the most important ! :wink:

alternatively, particularly since you'll be heading off soon, how about a link with an existing 'net store with discount for mhf. [haven't used any, must admit i quite like wandering round accessory shops, but we are very well served in this area.

·
Registered
117 Posts
discount at towsure

towsure have a very good on line shop how about a discount for us save all the agro plus a share to you
this site seems to get better everyday for all the info i need as a new motorhome user

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Nuke, have you done any market research on whether folk are likely to buy from you. Could it end up as one of those 'good idea at the time' type schemes which everybody gets enthusiastic about but fails for lack of use. I've seen many of these in the past.
I can see a potential moneyloser here.

I would find it hard to say that we would use your facility when to be honest a visit to an accessory shop is a day out!
Sad, or what?

Best wishes

Gillian

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx for all your concerns everyone,

how about a link with an existing net store
That's exactly what I am doing, this saves me time and effort and at the same time ensures that you all get top line service :)

It won't be a moneyloser Autostratus as I wont be purchasing anything just linking into an established accessory reseller :)

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
nukeadmin said:
It won't be a moneyloser Autostratus as I wont be purchasing anything just linking into an established accessory reseller :)
I did wonder whether it might be but your initial post didn't make that clear. Thanks for clearing that up.
If it's worth your while go for it.

Gillian

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the idea would be to have a centralised location to grab all your essentials, i have sometimes found the range and price lacking in accessory shops and also they tend not to supply the electrical goods as much. Also some of us don't live within 50 miles of a decent accessory shop neways ;)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Hello

Something else I have thought of. Comfy & relaxing loungers for use outside the van that dont take up half the van to carry.

If any one knows of any please let me know 7 where i can get them. I must have a comfy chair when away for long periods. Ours were so old they have now given up the ghost.

Cheers

Motorhomer

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
lots of places have started to sell the fold up chairs that have their own carrying bag, [fold up a bit like an umbrella] you can get them with / out arms, glass holder, foot rest, the lot, just depends how much room you have. We used to use a couple, kept them in the bag, slung at the back of the van while travelling and in cab when on site if not in use.
Price seems to depend on whether they are steel - heavy[ish] and may rust or aluminium more expensive version
I'm pretty sure there will be some in the new Argos book, or maybe Army & Navy type Milletts stores.when first introduced they were over £30, now as little as a £5 :thumbleft:
8)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Harringtons in Cheshire have one, a chair in a back with head rest, cup placeholder AND pop up foot rests!!!! I've had my eye on one for a while. Oh and a collapsable shooting stick for the little lady 8)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
apasher said:
Harringtons in Cheshire have one, a chair in a back with head rest, cup placeholder AND pop up foot rests!!!! I've had my eye on one for a while. Oh and a collapsable shooting stick for the little lady 8)
to dig you with when you start snoring :?: :boxing: :?: :headbang:
8) :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.