Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Vendor
12,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the site slowly takes shape again, i thought it would be good to hand over some ideas to you guys :)

Firstly i need a collection of Rank Names and post numbers
i.e. 0-10 Beginner, 10-25 Starting etc etc

but i want something related to our MH Hobby :)

The posts count to attain these will be as follows:-

0-10
11-50
51-100
101-250
251-500
501-1000
1001+

Over to you :)
I'll leave this for a while then select a winner

·
Registered
537 Posts
There not wheels there dials!!

Anyway as some one who can speak with authority on this number of postings thingy (If you find that little postings war episode please delete it) Im not shure this is a good idea either. The use of part timer / fulltimer is totally confusing to most. Quantity of posts is not a reflection on quality either. I think you should take things in your own hands and offer rankings to people you feel deserve them ie technical know-how / humour / sociabilty (welcoming people etc) and organisation. Now the one down fall is on the technical side since it implies a level of profession knowledge however a disclaimer may be put up. How about spanners for technical advice, waves for social, smiley for humour etc. This is on a totally volantery basis.

However there may be a reputaion to live up to here so may not work.

If I had to choose - drop the whole thing or at worst just put the number of posts.

Oh and well done for making such a quick recovery Dave - we're right behind you.
A

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also think it would be better just to have the number of posts, this would people just posting for the 'spanners'.
I am all for encouraging people to take part in some of the excellent topics that have been covered but I remember last time reading posts such as 'Only ### more posts & I'll have another spanner'

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Hi Kontiki

That could be easily solved via the simple expedient of deleting frivolous posts.

George

·
Vendor
12,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you should take things in your own hands and offer rankings to people you feel deserve them ie technical know-how / humour / sociabilty (welcoming people etc) and organisation
Love this idea, what do others think ?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Sounds Quite good Dave

The thing with technical posts is, if anyone put's up a marginal idea there are so many people that proof read everything and are very quick to point out any short comings in a post. But thats the beauty of having a well moderated but open forum.

A brief disclaimer would be prudent though the views expressed are those of the poster etc etc........................

What would it be like? the scouts getting your Tech elec badge, TechMech badge, Humour Badge etc etc ?

Who would decide?

Nuke alone? Nuke and Mods? Nuke mods and top regulars?

Nice idea,Chuggs

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Excellent idea, would add to your workload however if you had to give everyone a 'title' unless you involved others :wink:

Don't want you to run round in circles any faster than you are, it's making me dizzy as it is when I see your avatar :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,766 Posts
Hi everyone, good to see the site back up - but doesn't the brightnessof the background hurt your eyes? I had to go get my shades to read the posts!

On the subject of rankings I'm all for dropping the spanners (I'm always dropping my spanners anyway). I just don't see the point, the number of posts is more than enough.

Gaspode

·
Registered
554 Posts
Is there any way of doing it on how long you have been a member, the longer your membership time the higher up the scale you go.
I know it would be hard due to the crash of the site but if every one posts when they joined this would give a basis to start from!

Only another idea to throw in the pot - i would be quite happy with anything, just happy to have the site back

Chris

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.