Motorhome Facts Forum banner

What registration will my import mh get ?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
When i finally get my mh back to the UK from Germany, what reg will my 2003 model get here in the UK once i complete the DVLA Paperwork etc, i.e. will it get a special import reg or just the standard type of registration for the year 2003 ?

#4 ·
As far as i know (but dont quote me) as long as you have proof of age (the van, not you) you should get a reg no to match the year of registration. when the old numbers were in force if you couldnt prove the age or the vehicle came from several sources ie kit cars you were issued with a 'Q' plate. Dunno what happens with the new numbers though.

DVLA should be able to tell you for sure.

Pete

#5 ·
The general rule is that the registration mark cannot make the vehicle appear younger than it actually is. The converse is allowed.

When I registered my imported Hymer I had the origianal Belgium registration document which showed the date of first registration (May 2002). The local DVLA office accepted this and issued an age related mark (02).

Raymond

#6 ·
nukeadmin, my experience is very closely mirroring yours in terms of collecting a new 'van from abroad.

I'd be very interested to find out how long it took you to receive an import pack from the DVLA. I seem to have been waiting for godforsooks ages for mine!

And good luck!!

Stormy

#8 ·
Yeah, I called them up, got the whole automated shebang, heard nowt, emailed some random department - again, nada.

So I called them again, spoke to Mr Taped Prompt and am still hoping!!

Never mind, it'll all happen I have no doubt. Two weeks Friday.... eeek!

Here's hoping I can handle a 20-footer! Gonna be a marked change from the stubby-booted Compact, let's put it that way... ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.