Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
I felt Vigil was great until the last 30 mins. It all seemed so convenient.
I'm saving Manhunt till we can binge.

Just started ploughing through the ten episodes of The Vietnam War we recorded some time ago. Remarkable historic facts and lots I never knew.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
We differ there then Ray, last episode it all came together, and being a bit of a softie I liked the way the relationship got sorted too, the only bit I didn't like was the cliff edge ending, stoopid.
It could have been there was a real Submarine series running at the same time which gave a more realistic vision of inside a sub. Ironically even they had tech and mechanical problems within the series.

There are now so many oldish detective series doing the rounds they seem somewhat tired now. Nothing new to get excited about. As for old Vera what a mumsy.

Bit late for the Cleaner now as nearly over.

Ray.

Reactions: patp

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
If that Veitnam series is the National Geographic one giving accounts from US soldiers it is pretty astonishing stuff Ray.
It was a BBC 4 series Alan. But I believe it was an American production. America is shown in a bad and bungling light and even Kennedy was more interested in votes than lives.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
No G. I feel Strictly has run it's course and is becoming so 'samey' plus I can't stand that Winkelman thing. And as for the Take Two through the week it makes me vomit.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
17 years is enough. If they dug up Bruce I might get interested again.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
They will have Katie Price in her wheelchair next.

Ray.

Attachments

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
:crying::crying:

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
Yep, could, might and what if.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
Is it me or are the commercial adds on Tele aimed it complete morons and numpties. I actually feel nauseated after watching several.

Ray

Reactions: 242633

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
Apart from the moronic caterwauling audio and the subliminal flashing images I have trouble in realising what they are actually promoting. And what the subject being portrayed has to do with the final product I'm totally confused.

Not seen the JL add yet Drew. But I try not to spend too much time on commercial channels when they cane be recorded and edited.

Ray.

Reactions: 242633 and patp

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
Yes, I thought I might be the only one to like 'Outlaws'. I initially started to watch it being one of six 'outlaws' to my wife's family. That was a trial.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
Hot news on the BBC tonight.

1/ A cricketer calls another cricketer nasty names.
2/ Kid gets knifed and shot.
3/ The world is drowning.

I think we have our priorities wrong.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
I am G. Storm in a teacup. Juveniles and those of a certain disposition have always cast slurs and shouted abuse especially in most sporting events. I doubt it will ever stop in the heat of the game. But I still say it's way down on the priority list imho where serious carnage and physical loss is concerned.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
We recorded "The Disappearance" earlier this year on 5 Star. It had 18 episodes up to August. Just tried to wade through them and gave up at episode 4.
American mumbling bordering on ridiculous soap type series. Binned the lot now.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
Just managed to wade through all 8 episodes of 'Marcella' we recorded last feb but have been too busy to watch up to now.

What a crazy disjointed unbelievable series. Quite like Anna Friel but this was just weird as everyone dies but her.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
I deliberately avoided labelling it crap Kev. Weird, disjointed and unbelievable as we were always hoping it would get better. Maybe on my own and concentrating on the flash backs and old personalities popping up now and again but having to ask or answer what happened there kinda made it hard to follow the continuity.

We have a few series recorded earlier this year. Some great and some not so but you can't always ditch them after the first and intro episode.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,043 Posts
It was series 3 Baz. Shown last Feb/March 21.

Ray.

Reactions: barryd
1 - 20 of 140 Posts