Motorhome Facts Forum banner
781 - 800 of 843 Posts

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
We finished the second episode of Strike: Career of Evil the other night. Strange to have 2 or 3 episode series' but useful for those who don't like long meandering series' I think. Well written by J K Rowling too. Good stuff!

Reactions: raynipper

· Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #783 ·
Reactions: barryd

· Premium Member
29,643 Posts
A treat tonight

I have the directors cut of that. I think its about 20 min longer. One of my favourite films of all time. I pretty much know the script. :D Terrific film. Very sad about John Belushi though.

· Premium Member
18,566 Posts
Even if I watched it I wouldńt be able to remember the script as it´s in German and no other language on Prime, how stupid when it´s an English production, but they have a few like that.

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
We are still watching His Dark Materials on the BBC on Sunday nights. I'm not sure how much of the plot we are keeping up with though!

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
We finished watching Marie Antoinette last night. It improved as the series went along but it didn't quite do it for me.

• Sad

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #789 ·
Just for Ray so he has something to watch.

Just in case he misses that airing

• Helpful

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I downloaded and we started watching Our Girl on the iPlayer last night. We missed it all the first time around (around 4-5 series) but watched the pilot and Ep1 S1 last night. Good stuff so far.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #791 ·
Wish we could get S1 & S2 of Happy Valley, S3 is seriously good.

I can get it if I pay but I have already paid for them on our TV licence.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
I found "Our Girl" a bit daft G. Too trite I felt.
Couldn't get into "Happy Valley" Kev. So didn't bother as lots of more interesting at the same time.

Ray.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #794 ·
Thanks Barry, I've sure I looked on there, but you have to pay via Virgin, which reverts to iPlayer normally.

It might be that 1&2 are a bit tame but three isn't, proper edge of seat drama.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #795 ·
Gorrit, Liz will be pleased she's not a great TV watcher, usually cutting Zeds 30 minutes into most stuff.

· Premium Member
29,643 Posts
Thanks Barry, I've sure I looked on there, but you have to pay via Virgin, which reverts to iPlayer normally.

It might be that 1&2 are a bit tame but three isn't, proper edge of seat drama.
Always worth checking iplayer first. Its a while since I watched series 1 and 2 but equally as good as 3 from memory. I just wish the BBC would just release them all in one go instead of having to wait a week for episodes of series 3.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #797 ·
Yeah it's not like they get revenue from waiting, but I suppose they have to fill their schedules.

I never go there Barry as Virgin does catch up and it just takes you to iPlayer as a rule, maybe they have had contract changes.

· Premium Member
29,643 Posts
Yeah it's not like they get revenue from waiting, but I suppose they have to fill their schedules.

I never go there Barry as Virgin does catch up and it just takes you to iPlayer as a rule, maybe they have had contract changes.
I reckon the iPlayer site is the best streaming site out there. It just works perfectly. The worst is probably Channel 5 not that I watch anything on C5. Top tip, if you use adguard extension in Chrome it bypasses the adverts on ITV hub, C5 and 4 etc.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
I like Channel5. Watching all the coppers calling the scroats 'Sir'.

Ray.

Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #800 ·
I reckon the iPlayer site is the best streaming site out there. It just works perfectly. The worst is probably Channel 5 not that I watch anything on C5. Top tip, if you use adguard extension in Chrome it bypasses the adverts on ITV hub, C5 and 4 etc.
I prefer netflix to all of them, Prime is ****eest.

781 - 800 of 843 Posts