Motorhome Facts Forum banner
801 - 820 of 843 Posts

· Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #801 ·
I like Channel5. Watching all the coppers calling the scroats 'Sir'.

Ray.
Sir I can live with, but do they need to ba addressed as anything? Mate really winds me up, that scrote who had no regard for anyone else is not your mate in any respect.

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
We started watching A Suitable Boy from our downloads off iPlayer the other night...and quickly realised that we had seen it before. We'll carry on though. It presents a highly sanitised version of life in India after independence but does touch on some of the stresses at large in those days.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #803 ·
We started Happy Valley Series one last night, Heck the writers started as they meant to go on, a bit OTT at times but the best TV we've seen for a long time.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #804 ·
I am a bit pissed off, I just tried to download iPlayer onto my Chromebook so we could take the whole of happy valley with us and it's not supported it seems.

Anyone know a work around?

· Premium Member
Malibu PVC
30,733 Posts
You can convert file types Kev.

I assume the unsupported one may be mkv? Convert them to mp4 online. It'll take maybe half an hour. You can do it online I think. Not sure as I paid for my converter so I can do batches of files.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

· Premium Member
29,643 Posts
I am a bit pissed off, I just tried to download iPlayer onto my Chromebook so we could take the whole of happy valley with us and it's not supported it seems.

Anyone know a work around?
Have you tried the Android version from the play store?

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #807 ·
I'll try Barrys Android version first as that looks more straight forward then if that fails I'll look at Alans method.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #808 ·
App is not compatible either :( :(

Not sure which is the best way to convert, and I'll have to do it on the win 10 Laptop and then move it across on a stick I think.

Wish me luck as I don't usually have much success at that type of thing.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #809 ·
Conversion would be a nightmare Alan hundreds of files for a single program, but thanks anyway I think we'll just watch them when we get home.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #811 ·
Not sure what you mean, can you explain it more better to circumnavigate my thickness, I think I know but just in case I'm putting iPlayer onto my phone and downloading something to test that notion.

I can stream Netflix but I've downloaded onto the Chromebook and Tablet for myself, the iPlayer was only for Happy Valley, so I might leave it until we get home again.

liz uses iPlayer to download her stuff onto her iPad that I don't want to watch, and she doesn't understand any of the other platforms, I have downloaded HV onto my laptop now but charging might be an issue as I only have that little inverter and that will be getting a good whack from the electric blanket I reckon so not sure what to do but I have options

Reactions: erneboy

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #812 ·
Okay, I have it on my phone and a program downloaded to it, I have the Chromebook picking up the hotspot from the phone.

I have iPlayer open on the phone and the program open, but do n ot see a way to stream it, it ;looks like I can only watch it/

Stuck now.

· Premium Member
29,643 Posts
I presumed rightly or wrongly you can access the iPlayer website via a browser Kev but cant get the actual App. BBC iPlayer - Home

If you can get onto that you should be able to watch stuff without downloading it as in streaming it from the site. If you can do that then you just need to enable a wifi hot spot on one of your phones assuming of course you have a decent amount monthly data allowance and connect your chromebook to the phones wifi hot spot when away.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #814 ·
Ah I see, I was looking at it the wrong way around, I think that might work but I only have 40gb of data, not sure how hungry iPlayer is, but I'll give it a try as I'm still on a my hotspot.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #815 ·
Yup!! that works, easiest too, but I need to see if I can find the amount of data it uses.

But I'm one step ahead now as I hadn't thought of using my hotspot for the Chromebook at all.

Reactions: erneboy

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #816 ·

· Premium Member
29,643 Posts
40gb is a fair chunk if you use it sparingly. In Iplayer if you go to settings cog bottom right you might be able to adjust the quality to low on the Chromebook which will make a difference. I reckon on between 700mb to 1gb for an hour long episode but Ive not tested it on the low quality. If your only watching a few episodes of Happy Valley you should be ok.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #818 ·
Well I have the option now which is more than I did earlier, but I need the data for Google maps/searches, emails, Whatsapp, forums and other stuff, I may need to hotspot Lizs tablet too and maybe mine.

· Premium Member
29,643 Posts
Well I have the option now which is more than I did earlier, but I need the data for Google maps/searches, emails, Whatsapp, forums and other stuff, I may need to hotspot Lizs tablet too and maybe mine.
Do you have a way of monitoring data use? Just keep an eye on it. I have two sims. Vodafone is my main contract one which has 230gb a month and I have a second EE Sim installed which I just buy a pack when needed. Its really useful as if one doesn't work the other almost certainly will. Mrs D ate most of the EE data on the back end of last summers trip in the Lakes by leaving loads of webcams open (mainly the Donkey Sanctuary) :D Over Christmas we had 100gb on EE and it lasted until we got home but we didnt half cain it. 40gb should be enough for a month with streaming the odd program. I dont reckon google maps uses much or whatsapp or email.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #820 ·
Reactions: barryd
801 - 820 of 843 Posts