Motorhome Facts Forum banner
821 - 840 of 843 Posts

· Premium Member
29,643 Posts

· Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #822 ·
Yeah I'm essentially on Vadafone via Talkmobile not noticed a usage thingy though, must look and then I'll see if there is any difference.

Reactions: barryd

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #823 ·
Yes I found that and binned the other one.

Back to the real topic after all that.

Dunno if this might appeal to anyone

• Sad
Reactions: raynipper

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
We started the last and latest series of Strike last night. It has recently been on the Beeb and is called Troubled Blood.

Good stuff it is too.

· Premium Member
44,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #825 ·
Just a thought for Virgin users I use the app at home and away to setup any recordings we want, and it will also delete less important recordings if you are running out of space too.

Sorry I only have a link for Proper phones ;) ;)

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
We watched "Red Sparrow" on channel 4 last night. It was quite long, violent and sexy but gripping if complex.
I would be happy to watch it again if only to get deeper into the plot.
I tried to see if it was on Netflix but it's not on ours. Might be worth looking to see if it's on any other platform.

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
I have just watched four programs on Live TV tonight.
Police Interceptors where everyone was carrying drugs to supply. Dog Breeders who were banned from keeping dogs and still selling them even from prison. Hotel Benidorm who some of the rooms were left in a disgusting state. And the news about lying politicians.

Came to the conclusion a great number of Brits are utter scum.!

Ray.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
BUGGER . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check your TV now! Thousands of Britons will lose access to BBC channels as part of a huge upgrade – find out if you'll be affected

Ray.

· Premium Member
29,643 Posts

Check your TV now! Thousands of Britons will lose access to BBC channels as part of a huge upgrade – find out if you'll be affected

Ray.
I cant see the bit in your title Ray in that article. Sounds to me like its an improvement.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
Only for some after they have worked out if they have the latest tuners to get HD. Not everyone has fast broadband which companies assume we all have.

I have just checked all three Freesat receivers and so far so good. Plus we now have a temp good internet for now courtesy of the sfr portable box. Just trying to get my 'smart' TV to recognise it.

Ray.

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts

Ray.
We have decent enough 4G at home but the BBC HD channels break up/pixilate too much where we live so we watch the old school SD version.

• Wow
Reactions: raynipper

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
Thats ODD G. You must be well inside the Freesat 'footprint'. Have you checked the signal strength?

Ray.

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
No.

The freesat works well for everything else just not the BBC HD channels for some reason.

· Premium Member
29,643 Posts
Only for some after they have worked out if they have the latest tuners to get HD. Not everyone has fast broadband which companies assume we all have.

I have just checked all three Freesat receivers and so far so good. Plus we now have a temp good internet for now courtesy of the sfr portable box. Just trying to get my 'smart' TV to recognise it.

Ray.
Our TV system comes in on an aerial though into a PVR. I assume it wont be affected? I have nothing to do with it but Michelle uses it a lot.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
We can get most of the Freeview channels from Jersey as well but only about 22. But the Humax Freesat tuner and PVR is so much more convenient to use, record and play.

Ray.

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
We started watching Bad Education the other night. I know it's old but the few episodes I saw previously were funny. We are still watching Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, as well. I think we are on S3 of that! As both are only 30mins long we use them as 'fillers' if we have a spare 1/2 hour of an evening.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
We have just watched recorded episode one of 'New' Holocaust Getting away with Murder's and am staggered at the information.

99% of Nazis and their collaborators who exterminated not only the 6 million Jews but many thousands of other individuals were never caught and lived out long lives with the help of the allies including Britain. Astounding complicity.
These individuals directly responsible for the murder of thousands got away with it but the odd victim later who traced and killed a known killer was put on trial for murder? Makes my blood boil.

I am about to watch episode two shortly.

Ray.

· Premium Member
12,527 Posts
We have started 2 new series to us, recently:-

Ridley Road is on iPlayer. It's only 4 episodes long and deals with the persecution of the Jewish community in London in the early 60's.

Band of Brothers is on AP. We are 2 episodes in and it follows the fortunes of a Company of US soldiers as they fight their way through France after D Day. It appears thus far to be based on true life experiences which are then acted out by a good cast.

· Premium Member
26,033 Posts
Yep, both very gripping in their own ways. We. Saw them on live TV last year and B of B maybe ten years ago.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ
821 - 840 of 843 Posts