Motorhome Facts Forum banner

What's on't telly

50K views 1K replies 27 participants last post by  barryd 
#1 ·
I thought somewhere to comment on or suggest TV programs might be a good subject as it tends to get put in amongst other threads so not easy to find later on.

We watched the last of the Vigil series on Friday night, it's been quite well done, about faslane and Russian spies on a submarine, also started the second series of Manhunt with Clunsie playing a very odd part as a rozza.

Also a really good USA series, man with a plan, very funny.

Reactions: patp
#2 ·
I felt Vigil was great until the last 30 mins. It all seemed so convenient.
I'm saving Manhunt till we can binge.

Just started ploughing through the ten episodes of The Vietnam War we recorded some time ago. Remarkable historic facts and lots I never knew.

Ray.

#3 ·
We differ there then Ray, last episode it all came together, and being a bit of a softie I liked the way the relationship got sorted too, the only bit I didn't like was the cliff edge ending, stoopid.

Not sure where a second series might go if they do one.

Did you see series one of Manhunt?

Also, anyone watching "The Cleaner"

#5 · (Edited)
We differ there then Ray, last episode it all came together, and being a bit of a softie I liked the way the relationship got sorted too, the only bit I didn't like was the cliff edge ending, stoopid.
It could have been there was a real Submarine series running at the same time which gave a more realistic vision of inside a sub. Ironically even they had tech and mechanical problems within the series.

There are now so many oldish detective series doing the rounds they seem somewhat tired now. Nothing new to get excited about. As for old Vera what a mumsy.

Bit late for the Cleaner now as nearly over.

Ray.

#4 ·
We've stuck with the very odd series of Blacklist too although we have questioned where the hell it's going, a bit like Lost in a way, we gave up on that quite early.

#8 ·
It was a BBC 4 series Alan. But I believe it was an American production. America is shown in a bad and bungling light and even Kennedy was more interested in votes than lives.

Ray.

#7 ·
I might have a look at that but it's not Lizs cup of char.

Reactions: 242633 and patp
#9 ·
#10 ·
I always record the gadget show too, never buy owt but I like to keep a breast.

#12 ·
I'll resist the schoolyard humour.

🙂 🙂

#16 ·
Ah, I used : & ) for those.

#15 ·
I have a habit, lately, of falling asleep at about 9pm. I missed, therefore, most of the submarine one. Chris just watches what comes up in front of him so if the channel was on the wrong one for Ridley Road then he missed it so cannot fill me in next week (assuming I stay awake for it). Strictly Come Dancing is a must for me :)

#17 ·
Get a PVR PAt.

#19 ·
No G. I feel Strictly has run it's course and is becoming so 'samey' plus I can't stand that Winkelman thing. And as for the Take Two through the week it makes me vomit.

Ray.

#23 ·
No G. I feel Strictly has run it's course and is becoming so 'samey' plus I can't stand that Winkelman thing. And as for the Take Two through the week it makes me vomit.

Ray.
I cant profess to being a stalwart like you obviously are Ray :grin2:

But if it keeps Mrs GMJ happy and I get to watch rugby then no probs with me.

We keep talking about going to a tea dance one day...

#20 ·
Sad git.

Reactions: erneboy and patp
#25 ·
I normally hate anything based on "celebrities" so I am surprised I have stuck with it. Just nice to have something joyful on the telly I suppose? Daughter took me to a live show once but, for a long time, it ruined it for me. Memory has faded now so I am back to enjoying it.

#26 ·
There are celebs and then there are celebs, A list rate good value, but ones I've not heard of do little for me from the start, but Liz likes Bake-off, and that other crap Musty chef and if I've not warmed to them by the end of episode one I will have done enough heavy breathing for Liz to watch them on her iPad.

I'm watching Celeb SAS and that has been great, but odd that most seem to have been abused as kids.

#30 ·
I do like a good laugh.

Reactions: GMJ
#31 ·
#33 ·
Confused. Why can't you record both?

#35 ·