• Upto 30'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • upto 34'

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
In answer to the topic title question: It would be any 'van that I wanted to own that would fit on the drive without causing me any inconvenience but then I don't understand what you are asking in the text. Who is the 'they' that you refer to?

Harvey

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
What length I would like to keep at home is a different thing to what it is possible to keep at home.

Distance between garage door and front boundary is 20ft so to shut gates requires a van under 16ft.

Van can pass through 90 degrees as it comes through the gate and park parallel with the road in front of the house.

Maximum length of van where that is comfortably possible is 20ft hence a 19ft 8ins Adria.

If I could get a bigger van through the 90 degree turn the max. would be 34ft and even longer if I re-extended the drive.

SDA

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Fatalhud said:
Is this post Legal :wink: Should we not be quoting meters :?
In answer 7.5 - 8 meters is the longest I can fit on my front, Nothing to do with neighbours

Alan H
is that gas or electricity meters Alan? :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least with feet and inches you don't get confused between meters and metres.

SDA

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Looks like the teachers are out in force on this one folks watch you grammar, syntax, and spelling or you will be before the head in the morning.

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The reason I started this thread and poll was to get an idea on the size of vehicle that neighbours may find offensive. I know there are certain neighbours that would be offended by any MH, but I am talking about reasonable people here!

Do members with RVs and Truck based MHs usually keep them at home?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
inkey-2008 said:
Looks like the teachers are out in force on this one folks watch you grammar, syntax, and spelling or you will be before the head in the morning.

Andy
Wot the duce are you talking about 8O 8O

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Home motorhome parking space is something that figures very high on our Cheshire house search list at present.

Many, many houses built over the last few decades feature integral garages and the houses are positioned so that you can just about fit a car between garage door and front boundary. Useless for parking all but the smallest motorhomes.

The other thing about integral garages is that they generally rob space from the downstairs hab. space, leaving a larger upstairs. That's fine if you've got a horde of kids, but not so useful if you've only the average two, or you're empty nesters. I suspect that's why the rash of conservatories have spread across the country in an effort to replace the space lost to the garage.

Currently we're lucky because our house is arranged with three bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs but double the space downstairs. So we have a good size lounge and separate dining room, a maffis kitchen, good size study and enormous utility which has dog beds, crates and grooming table as well as washers etc. Acres of living space and a brilliant party house.

Any offers? :roll: :lol:

To get back OT, we're really looking for a house with a garage built towards the back of the plot, giving lots more space for the van, whatever length and with the added bonus that it'll be hidden away from any objectors.

But there aren't too many for sale like that at present. Sigh!

SDA

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well when we looked around to move hoiuse my wife wanted all round available to the back , me, i wanted the largest drive i could afford.So we ended up with a bungalow with 140 ft drive and she is fed up with the walk to the back now.Regarding covenants ours said about having a static caravan on site which has long expired.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.