Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Whats the difference in these?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  mandyandandy 
#1 ·
I have been thinking of installing a water filter to save lugging jug filter about.
I have seen the Nature pure which costs around £135 without a tap and replacement cartridges are £52.95.

This seems expensive compared to the Wickes water filter kit at £35
with replacement cartridges costing £15
We have a Wickes kit on the kitchen sink and it performs well.

Is there any difference in these two products apart from cost.

Dave P

#2 ·
Hi Dave

I agree.

I'm sure the NaturePure is a good bit of kit, but the initial cost is off-putting and the annual running cost (at least one new filter per year!) makes yer eyes water. 8O :roll:

The Wickes one will do for me if I ever get round to fitting one, and maybe change the filter twice per year.

Just my opinion . . . as a well qualified and cynical skinflint. :wink: :D

Dave

#6 ·
Especially at Netto prices, 9 litres for about £1.50, that 210 litres for 35 quid, not to mention the cost of a cartridge every god knows how many litres.

Kev.

#11 ·
We have nature pure (sorry for that) didn't want to lug water bottles or fill fridge with jugs and saw how many fresh water taps washed out loo tanks!!

Changed our filter last month which has lasted us exactly 2 years from installation there are 3 occasionally 4 using the van, but we have the separate tap which means we only filter water we drink not what we wash in.

Mandy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.