Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
12,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was asked on the mhlist recently and provoked some very interesting answers, so here it is again to see if anyone comes up with anything different.

What's your favourite gadget / item in your motorhome that you wouldn't leave home without it ?

btw mine is my GPS system :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I couldnt leave without my GPS system - she wouldnt let me !!!!! (Joke)

Think this time of the year it has to be the four sections of old bread tray bottoms, to park on. They stick to the ground better than the yellow park on pads you buy at the accessory shops and you can join them with cable ties to make a longer "roadway" if needed

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
corkscrew, 8) , wine just doesn't taste the same when you've had to stuff the cork back into the bottle. :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine is a wireless weather station, gives inside/outside temperatures, time, and pressure and is accurate in predicting any changes in weather if you have been parked up for a while. (Pressure varies on the move)

Pete

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Funny how wives say their husbands and husbands say their gadgets. Spooky. I am unable to break the trend as my wife takes over the roll as a paranoid driving instructor - of Mrs. Bucket proportions.

I don't know what my favourite gadget is as I haven't used the m\h yet due to a faulty traumatic boiler or more likely a faulty electric panel. Having it looked at tomorrow afternoon by a man who does.

I do however like the door. It's great for getting in and out and checking out what's not working. Ingeniously, it is fitted on the side and I suspect they tried the roof but found it unsatisfactory having to climb up the stairs and then down again. The ingenuity of mankind is boundless.

But hopefully next weekend will be our maiden voyage and my favourite article may change. I hope my favourite article is not my recovery document. :?

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Well apart from each other, the wife says the toilet is her favourite item being so convienient (yes pun intended haha). For me it's the whole package really, couldn't do without the loo, cooker, bed etc.. Would like satellite nav, maybe next time, but find maps invaluable.

:D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Pusser said:
But hopefully next weekend will be our maiden voyage and my favourite article may change. I hope my favourite article is not my recovery document. :?
let us know where you're heading ??

8)

·
Registered
207 Posts
As well as my sooooper tool which could cut the hooves off a horse, never mind remove stones :lol:, I am definitely taking a lightweight, 3 step, folding stepladder - just perfect for zipping on my safari room and much lighter than the standard, steel, bunk ladder.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I suspect we are going to the New Forest area Toooks. New Forest itself if the weather is iffy and the seaside if it is baking but all on the South Coast. Years and years ago we had a Pioneer and stayed on night in the New Forest. I got up about six o'clock and there was a mist about 3 foot of the ground and one foot high. Suddenly, from out the mist a white deer appeared as if by magic. Truly a Kodak moment. So I shot it and had it for dinner. ( Only joking). Remember to watch the News.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Favourite thing

Quite a few faves.....
1. The separate shower.
2. The second cassette, it saves HIM looking for the Elsan point in the middle of the night when he has a pressing need to shed all the beer he had earlier and the little red light is winking near the loo.
3. The big fridge, more room to keep the beer and wine cold. :wink: :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.