·
Registered
659 Posts
inkey-2008 said:
Does anybody know how tight to do up the wheel studs on a 2002 747-2 Burstner

2.8jtd.

Andy
Hi Andy

I've always been great believer in doing wheel studs up tight (I use a spider, not the crappy wheel spanner provided by the manufacturer :roll: ) - in my truck mechanic days it was "tighten them till they squeal" :twisted: - which is what I suspect David was hinting at (definitely not PC these days 8O

However, things have moved on. As you say it's a 2.8JTD I take it's a Fiat chassis - the figures I've found are as follows:
Ducato 2.8JTD 1998 - 2002 - 160 Newton metres (118 lbs/ft)
Ducato Maxi - 1994 - 2002 - 180 Newton metres (133 lbs/ft)

HTH

Keith (Sprokit)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much Keith I knew somebody would know will have to have them reset the next time I pass the tyre shop, and get back the £12 plus vat they charged for valves they did not fit.

Andy

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
In another topic about sump plug torque settings, I suggested - tongue firmly in cheek - that the correct torque is 'as tight as they will go and then another half turn' .

Clearly not recommended.

If it's an alko back end, they may have specific settings, though I'd be surprised if they differed from Fiat.

David

PS Keith knows what he's on about!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fiat come up with180nm and that is what they set them at so all is ok. thanks for all the replies.

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.