Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We have some flat yellow things with ridges on that go under the wheels of the motorhome when stopped. when would we use these and how.
Also the yellow things that are the same, I think they may be called chocks ( not chocolate yum yum) these have ridges and are sloped, when are where and how are these used.
Thanks in anticipation

Jakki :? :?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yellow things that are flat like a mat,go under the wheel to stop the mh from sliding when driving off wet grass.

·
Registered
18,012 Posts
Hi Jakki

1) The things under the wheels are to provide grip on soft / boggy ground. Although we don't personally use them, I've seen people park on them initially, so they can use them to provide some grip when they drive off. Most people tend to use the bottoms of baker's bread baskets - I think every report I've seen rate the baskets higher than the Fiamma grip things.

2) The ramps / chocs are to level the van up when parking on sloping ground. When I position them, I always do it so that we roll off them forwards, to get some momentum in case the ground softens up during our stay.

Gerald

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Gerald
Thank you for that. I suppose the choc can be put whicher end needs it and the flat one I would think would need to be put on the front wheels if it is a front wheel drive or the back wheels if it is a back wheel drive.

Short-stick, I have decided that an intravenious drip would prob be safer with out these yellow thingies
:lol:

·
Registered
658 Posts
bonnieboo said:
Hi
We have some flat yellow things with ridges on that go under the wheels of the motorhome when stopped. when would we use these and how.
Also the yellow things that are the same, I think they may be called chocks ( not chocolate yum yum) these have ridges and are sloped, when are where and how are these used.
Thanks in anticipation

Strange. 90 posts & never been on a campsite ?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yellow wedgie things? Still in their wrapper, I just move about with the spirit level thingy on the table. Another useless item in the side hatch that I'm loathe to throw out 'cos you never know! :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I always use my yellow grip mats when parked on grass. I position the van then move back an inch or two and place the yellow mats where the tyres will roll onto. I find them very easy and very useful. It makes driving off grass much easier and I have never got stuck...yet! When I drive off for the last time just remember to pick them up after have moved the van onto the road way. Its all very easy but very useful.

Joyce

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AberdeenAngus said:
bonnieboo said:
Hi
Thanks in anticipation

Strange. 90 posts & never been on a campsite ?
Been on lots of campsites but just never took notice before, I think it is a man thing to look out for this sort of thing not a blond!! womans, us girlies have all the other things to worry about

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You're all peasants, wine bottles and straws, or duck tape - what is the world comming to....

Have you never heard about wine boxes, balance them on the edge of the table with the tap on the downward slope get your pillow and lie on the floor on your back - saves all the trouble of trying to get into bed. Real experts get naked first to ensure they dont get the 'best dressed man in bed award'

Right Im off to practice (drinking wine not getting naked)

:lol:

Andy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.