Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been over here for a couple of weeks now and seem to have the place to ourselves! We stayed the first couple of nights at Saumur with about only 10 others. Last time we were there we could just about get a pitch. Next Chinon - same again - a few Brits, one or two Belge and the rest French. No Dutch!

Here in the Dordogne we are normally tripping over the Brits and the Dutch. Today we are on a site at Le Bugue with 4 or 5 others - one Brit, 2 Belge and the rest French.

I know the £ has had a hammering, but surely not that much and it shouldn't affect the Dutch and Germans. Just thought have not seen any Germans on our sites at all!

Not that I am complaining, but where are you all :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sue

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
We'll be on our way at end of the month (Insh'allah)....would be nice if it is quiet then :wink:

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
27,744 Posts
After three horrible weeks fighting traffic in 2nd and 3rd gear in UK battling around to see family and friends, I am so happy to be back in France where I can use 6th and park almost anywhere.
That is until August when the visiting hoards come over. Grrrrrrr.

STAY AWAY............... :roll: :roll:

Ray.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
France

Hello,

In Rainy City at the moment. 12c and very wet.

Will be around Annecy Mid June then off to St. Tropez later in June.

Back to St. Tropez end of August for 3 weeks.

Can't wait for June, I see it is high twenties Centigrade in Anncey at the Moment.

Trev.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
We are here

Hello Sue,

We are over here at the moment and have been for just over two weeks.
We, like yourselves have not seen to many brits, that is until we arrived at our current location.....Parc Verger (Limousin)). It is a campsite run by a lovely couple (Bob & Di) primarily for RV's. They are in the process of making more pitches for EU motorhomes.

The norm here is for people to extend their stay as it is so nice. We planned for four nights and ended up staying seven. We are reluctant to leave as there is a lot to do around here, or you could just sit in the sun and relax.

We are going to visit Oradour-sur-Glane in the morning, stay at the local Aire before heading off towards Clermont Ferrand.

We will be in France until late July;-)

We are slowly learning the language......even though a lot of the French speak English, we will continue to practice.

Are there any others in the Clermont Ferrand area that can advise on areas of interest?

Dean & Angela

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.