Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,311 Posts
I can see why a tenter would want the toilet blocks to be open but it makes no sense, in my mind, to deny yourself a holiday when you've your own facilities on board.

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,311 Posts
"Roughing it Smoothly" - I really like that description!

I'm not sure when it became OK here in NI to use campsites (I took a couple of looks at their extremely complicated route-map out of lockdown n decided I'd wait till I was told!)

Anyway, it is now, so I'm booked in to the only CnCC site (apart from CLs) for 3 nights next week. Hopefully that'll get my confidence back for straying elsewhere.

So now I need to get the jobs done I've been putting off for a year or so - replacing the batteries in the tyre-pal valves for one.

· Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,311 Posts
I came down to Donaghadee which has a French style bourne and was a lovely place to stop overnight. Apparently too lovely as it's now forbidden to use the parking from midnight to 6am

Donaghadee's loss cos I know a lot of folk used to park up n go for a meal in one of the harbour-side restaurants.

The reasoning seemed to be that with a bourne and people staying over, you really have a campsite, and there are special rules governing campsites.

So I came on down to Millisle, another lovely spot on the Ards peninsula.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.