Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
18,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My Pilote Galaxy has blue trim strips at bumper level in various places at each side. It has a blue plastic insert which fits in an aluminium channel (whihc is in turn scewed in to the bodywork.). I've lost one of the blue insert strips and wonder whether anybody has any idea where to get a length of it. I will try Hayes Leisure if all else fails, but would welcome any suggestions from the team out there!!

Picture below shows a bit at the rear of the nearside. The channel above the strip is for the wind break on site thingy - which I've never used :roll:

Hopefully, Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Mike

In another thread, DTPCHEMICALS has just suggested Googling motorhome breakers. I have just tried it and he's right - there are lots of them! Might be worth a few e-mails?

Good luck

Kees

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi again,
My dealings with this company was for rubber sealing strip. I have worked with aluminium profile and plastic insert in the past and have used what you will find on page 11 of the catalogue, plastic screw cover strip, in widths more suited, there is a navy blue at 12.5mm.
You can also download their pricelist. Get back to me if there is anything else I can help with.
viator.

PS Only Oxford United supporter in Bognor,!!!!!!!!! well here is me at the other end of the country with an interest, though not as keen as it was 50 years ago.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks Viator, the screw covering strip on our back hatch had turned all funny and was falling out - I was expecting a frustrating hunt to replace it, but found it straight away on your link. Didn't fancy getting a speciial fitting tool, but I'm sure there will be a way similar to the string trick I've seen the window fitters use (?)

Mike

·
Registered
193 Posts
OldWomble said:
Mike, if you have no luck and you find yourself in Germany, try these people. I went in there a while ago and they have an amazing range of trims and tapes in stock! MW - Caravaning, Romantische Strasse 17, 86753 Mottingen. www.mw-caravaning.de

Good luck.
Thanks for the info OW. I have ordered some from Seals+Direct so we shall see if it is the right stuff

Mike

·
Registered
628 Posts
When inserting plastic cover strip into aluminium profile, I have used a wee dab of Fairy Liquid as a lubricant, you can also use gentle heat from a heat gun or a hairdryer < IMPORTANT> DO NOT stretch the plastic when inserting, when cool it will contract and finish up short.
viator

·
Registered
193 Posts
Now that's impressive ! Ordered strip online yesterday, padded envelope with the correct stuff (and catalogue) arrived this morning. Well done Seals+Direct.
(Just checked their address and it is in the same county as me - but still impressed !)

Mike

How about yourself Bognor Mike ? Any Luck ? Sorry to hijack your posting a bit :oops:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.