Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my Fiat Ducato 2000, motor home was recently broken in to and has been attempted to get started, by ripping away the bottom of the dash. Luckily they did not get away with it but i am now left not knowing where these 2 wires go... there is no obvious plug nearby for them so wonder if there is some kind of box that connects them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,159 Posts
Not all plugs get used. Are there any lights or switches on the panel that got removed?
Mine had a turn repeater down there.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
15,696 Posts
As Ray says they could be there for optional extras that were never fitted. You will need to put it through its paces to see if any functionality is missing

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
Welcome Danny

Sorry to hear your woes. Hope you get it sorted soon (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
These cables attach to the immobiliser box. One to the ring transponder and the other to the wiring which ultimately provides power to fuel pump via immobiliser circuitry. The box isn't in your picture so you probably have a third party replacement immobiliser or its just been bypassed.

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
12,721 Posts
The box isn't in your picture so you probably have a third party replacement immobiliser or its just been bypassed.
Does that mean the intruders have ripped out the immobiliser in an attempt to start the vehicle?

Oh, BTW, welcome to the forum. Love your name!

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Yes welcome to the Forum Turnleftat.............your avatar seems to say that you actually joined in 2020 so I hope you got a good welcome at that time.

You clearly have a lot of knowledge in the electronic area and I'm surprised this is the first time your skills have been needed.It's an area not many of us are so skilled so looking forward to your expertise.

There is a thread where a member is struggling to find the fuseboard in their motorhome..........perhaps that is something you could advise on:alien:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The immobiliser box may have been ripped out as the bolt tab is still present.
Does it still start?

I only know about this as my van 2000 boxer wouldn't start one day, and had keycode error light on dash indicating immobiliser problem. In the end the immobiliser had to be bypassed to get the van back on the road.
Gauge Measuring instrument Car Auto part Technology

1 - 9 of 9 Posts