Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're planning on travelling for a few years, spending the winter in the snow.

Can anyone recommend where the seasonaires tend to stay. We want to keep costs to a minimum but at the same time have the comfort of being near other MH'ers.

We're looking at the frenh alps or andorra but other than that are openminded. Once we've found somewhere we can park up will start looking for jobs in nearby Chalets.

Can anyone recommend any aires etc and are there any services nearby?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Morzine / Avoriaz is good.

We have spent the last two seasons in our Van parked up in Morzine and Avoriaz. We tried other resorts but nothing compares to Morzine in terms free parking places, facilities, snow parks and huge terrain.

There are loads of other vans around.

Going to do another season while the knees are still upto it.

Get intouch if you need any advice.

Lucy + Simon

Edit: Have reminded my other half to check I haven't said the same thing already BEFORE he posts on a thread with my login!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hi, we are not seasonaires as we are still at work here but have visited many french resorts with our MH in recent years and noticed the seasonaires. However for your information just lately the authorities in several of the best known spots have tightened up by way of charging daily rates on Aires that were previously free apart from the charges for water etc. Notably this includes Les Menuires and Alpe d'Huez. Last seson there were no seasonaires at Alpe as a result.
Good luck anyway!
Ruth

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would definitely not recommend Andorra. They have one small camp site at Encamp, and that is it. We parked in the El Tartar car park for 10 days the winter before last and it was not good. They also have the big car park in Grau Roix, again no facilities though.

As Ruth said, Les Menuires and and Alpe d'Huez are now charging 10 euros a day. Which is very expensive. We stayed at Montgenevre for a week. It works out very cheap for 6 nights and then gets expensive each night you stay after that. But they have a boom in and boom out system, so what people do is drive out on the 7th day and come back in again. That way you only get charged the cheap rate. For your money you get electricity, water and grey and black water dumping. It is right next to the slopes and there is also a free shuttle into town every 15 minutes. Good luck.

Sharon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.