Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Selling

Hello,

If you want a fairly quick sale I would suggest you advertise in many places. Interenet is realy the best.

Try a combination of

ebay
autotrader
mobile.de
motorhomefacts
MMM/Which Motorcaravan

Then try and list in as many cheaper or free places you can. Be prepared to wait and keep on plugging it. Otherwise, if you stop advertising it the day after it drops down the pages of google, or off the websites, another seller will list another for sale and a potential buyer just may see that one instead of yours.

The more places you list it, the more chance of it popping up on the first page of search engines.

Be realistic with asking prices. I have seen so many private sellers who ask plain silly money for their pride and joy. Very rarely do you see a great price privately for just the motorhome you want.

No point in a private seller asking say £29,000 for a motorhome that a dealer is offering for £29995 with a warranty.

Good luck and be prepared to come down on your asking price.

Trev.

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Selling

Hi

If you use the internet as your primary selling tool, you will likely need to quote your email on the ads. I suggest creating a new email address such as [email protected] etc etc, as you will receive lots of spam. By creating a new email address, you are thus ensuring that your own email address does not become a spam attration! You can close the email account when the van is sold.

An Ebay classified is a good bet, along with any other sites where you can advertise free. Getting your price right is crucial.

It goes without saying, be aware of people who would like to send you a cheque for the motorhome for more than it's value etc.

Russell

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Jim,

Lovely it looks indeed. We have a Dethleffs of similar vintage on the same Iveco chassis. Could you please tell me where you got your silver screen thingys from? I haven't managed to locate any specifically for the Iveco in my (brief) period of ownership.

Thanks, and good luck with the sale.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ozzyjohn said:
Jim,

Lovely it looks indeed. We have a Dethleffs of similar vintage on the same Iveco chassis. Could you please tell me where you got your silver screen thingys from? I haven't managed to locate any specifically for the Iveco in my (brief) period of ownership.

Regards,
John
Sorry John they came with the van. The Iveco is a good van though don't you think?

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Ozzyjohn said:
Jim,

Regards,
John
I would like to know a bit more about Iveco ownership. If possible I would like to know any advantages over what could be deemed the usual front bits.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
When we bought ours, we compared similar layouts on two different chassis.
1. Burstner 747 (Fiat, Tag axle, front wheel drive, max weight 5000kg)
2. Burstner 850 (Iveco, Twin rear wheel drive, max weight 5200kg (hazy memory)
Both were large heavy vehicles with good payload. I felt that rear wheel drive was probably more suited to this size of vehicle.
We didn't buy either of those two. Our Dethleffs has a 6500 kg chassis, so plenty of payload (and a max train weight of 8900kg should we ever feel the need to tow).
Compared to the modern Fiat offerings, the cab is rather basic (though ours has rather plush bouncy seats). The engine pulls like a well organised herd of elephants. Fuel consumption appears to be little, if any, worse than reported for Burstner 747s using the latest Fiat X250 - which is ok as ours is taller and heavier.
Ours is still low mileage (the one previous owner had only covered 2300 miles in 32 months), so that may improve as it loosens up. Only had it for two months (and 2000 miles) so - touch wood - hasn't need anything doing to it yet.

In short, the key advantage was it being rear wheel drive - much more suited to the dynamics of a vehicle this size (in my humble, and in no way expert, opinion).

Regards,
John

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Jim,

Sorry John they came with the van. The Iveco is a good van though don't you think?
No worries, I'll keep looking. Yes, the Iveco is a great chassis. I'm sure you will sell - I can't be the only person who thinks that rear wheel drive is the way to go for something of that size.

Regards,
John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.