Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just to let you know that we are currently just outside Limoges. We are on a site called Du Chateau de Leychoisier. It is a beautiful site in the grounds of a listed 9th century Chateau. There is a pleasant walk around the lake nearby.

Tomorrow we are off to visit Oradour-sur-Glane before heading to Parc Verger on a recommendation from Mark and Sue (Cornish Farm).

We are getting the hang of it now :roll: The weather has not been too good so far but we will soon be heading south :wink: Angela's factor 50 is still unopened 8O

We love France :lol: :lol:

Dean & Angela

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Caz,

Seen more sun in Scotland :wink: It has been great as there are so many other motorhomers here, you don't feel like a second-class citizen!

The French people we have met have been great - we've tried our limited language skills on them, and try to continue speaking in French even when they answer in English :)

As they say, the only way you'll learn is to get stuck in! Sadly, we've met some fellow Brits who have complained that 'they don't speak English'...this was from someone who I am convinced didn't even bring a phrase book!!!

Hope the 'van is doing you proud, and that you're all happy and healthy?! :D

D & A

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Where we are at

Looks like you are having a nice time, however you might not enjoy going to Oradur, we went there 2 years ago it was a very sad experience I was deeply moved when looking at the bullet holes inside the old church , there is a nice big aire close by if you wish to stay the night.
I expect you shall be doing the Dordogne,if you do there is an aire tucked away on the river bank the other side of the bridge at.......if my memory serves me right a small village called LIMEUIL , you can hire a canoe and go for a paddle down the river there.
If you get a chance try to get up into the Pyrenees via the col du tourmalet (keep your eyes open for marmots...very big rats lol) you can wild camp there, scenery is awsome maybe cable car up to the Pic du Midi,then go on to GAVARNIE on the Spanish border lovely spot nice walks , scenery to big for your camera, vultures and a nice big aire above town.
enjoy
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.