Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm really stuck on this one, here is the difference for me

Caravan Guard

9k per year capped mileage, breakdown cover not home start though, and highly recommended customer services £337

Safe Guard
Unlimited Mileage, full European breakdown including home start, unlimited screens £336

I wouldn't normally question it because safguard is a clear winner plus i had to get caravan guard to price match them in the first place I just read a couple people have had issues with safegurard when they have had claims ever since they have been bought out.

Could you please give me your opinons on who i should choose.

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
171 Posts
which insurer

Hi
The best one for me is comfort at £285.88 with full uk and euroean cover,
365 Days
Mike
Happyrunner

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm with Safeguard at the moment (£700+), probably Comfort at renewal, Safguard the following renewal, then Comfort again.......................

The best thing about Safeguard is the AA Fleetwide 3 Europwide Assistance but the cost has been going up every year. Hopefully try and get the dosh down a bit by playing them against each other.

It's just a thing about my Jock upbringing

·
Registered
17,771 Posts
Safeguard

Hi

I am with Safeguard. You also get an unlimited number of days worth of cover overseas in Europe.

I also found that Safeguard were able to "haggle" a bit on price.

Russell

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Insurance without breakdown cover

Fatalhud said:
You should have given a 3rd choice Neither of them

I don't want breakdown cover built in

Alan H
I'm with Scenic because I didn't want breakdown cover because it doesn't cover my other vehicle (car) whereas RAC Arrival (through C&CC) covers any vehicle as it's me thats covered not the vehicle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Been with both but for the last 4 years Caravan guard have been the cheapest by miles. I dont need homestart as i have a starter booster which does the job and with a solar panal ........... the battery's are always showing lots of charge on my panel.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks very much everyone for your help, just to show you it was taken in.

I did phone coversure and they were £476 so thanks for that maybe next time they will be better.

As per the poll results I went with Safeguard, thats the package and after rining them back and explaing im a MHF member they politley said they cant add any more discount since they are only aloud to add one discount and i had that for Caravan Club but the guy offered to increase that one a bit saving me another few quid.

Total Policy including legal £316, he did say if i came back to him with the details of the cobra system it might come down a couple more quid but I tend not to do this unless it make a great discount, problem is if it ever go's wrong and its written into the policy I have no choice but to get it fixed immediatley to keep cover, without disclosing it i get the added security of it without having to worry if something go's wrong.

Again thanks very much for your help.

Kevin

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
We are with Safeguard - claim took 6 months to settle and had to pay out my excess but eventually got it back was supposed to be in February but had to nudge em in March for them to send it back. I just find the premium for us £425 a bit galling when have been driving for over 20 years claim and blame free was unable to pass on any no claims bonus due to having a car.

Shopped around again in November and no one could touch Safeguard apparently its our area even though van is in a secure driveway with lock on gate and someone in most of the time. Didn't know crime was that bad in our area obviously our dogs have earned their keep!!!

Seems everyone else pays nearly half our premium boo hisss!!!!

Greenie

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
greenasthegrass said:
I just find the premium for us £425 a bit galling when have been driving for over 20 years claim and blame free was unable to pass on any no claims bonus due to having a car.[/quote

To start with we used the Caravan Club because they would mirror the no claims on the car
The only thing they would not do was protect them
Alan H

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
greenasthegrass said:
We are with Safeguard - claim took 6 months to settle and had to pay out my excess but eventually got it back was supposed to be in February but had to nudge em in March for them to send it back. I just find the premium for us £425 a bit galling when have been driving for over 20 years claim and blame free was unable to pass on any no claims bonus due to having a car.

Shopped around again in November and no one could touch Safeguard apparently its our area even though van is in a secure driveway with lock on gate and someone in most of the time. Didn't know crime was that bad in our area obviously our dogs have earned their keep!!!

Seems everyone else pays nearly half our premium boo hisss!!!!

Greenie
Never had a claim with safeguard but our premium is £513 in a secure cassoa gold storage caravanguard wouldnt touch us unless had a tracker fitted.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I just find the premium for us £425 a bit galling when have been driving for over 20 years claim and blame free
Hi Greenie, we pay a fiver more than you and I have 48yrs free claims in, but then I haven't got a naaaarnaaaar m/h :lol:

Never had a claim with safeguard but our premium is £513 in a secure cassoa gold storage caravanguard wouldnt touch us unless had a tracker fitted.
Richard, that is good price for a bigggg m/h and as far as I know any m/h over £40,000 now has to have a tracker when with safeguard.

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Just done mine with Safegod a few minutes ago. £369 inc legal costs, home alone start and Euro cover and missus second driver and MOTORHOMEFACTS.COM DISCOUNT FOR MEMBERS. Almost the same as my car insurance.

·
Registered
328 Posts
We're with Safeguard and the reminder came through this week so I'm looking at various quotes.

'07 Autotrail Cheyenne

Safeguard are quoting £386 inc European breakdown but it includes cover at the purchase price so I need to get that amended.

Comfort have just quoted £316.62.

We store the vehicle at a CASOA gold site when not using it.

Safeguard are going to have to move to beat that one.

Keith

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.