Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am a new member of MHF and I hope I will be the owner of MH soon. Like every newbie, I have a dilemma which MH to buy. I hope that somebody can help me based on some details that I will provide.

- I want to use it 12 months a year.
- During the winter I would go skiing and during the rest of the year I would tow a light trailer with a sailboat (750 kg).
- For 4 people
-I like layouts with a large bed in the back because they also offer a large garage.
-Currently looking at Eura Mobil Terrestra A 690 HB 2007 with Fiat 2.3 and Hobby Siesta 600 2007 with Ford 2.2. There is plenty of Adria in my area too.
-Budget around 35k euros

I hope you will be willing to share your rich experience with me. There is plenty of manufacturers but I do not have any practical knowledge.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,300 Posts
Welcome to the forum brossaudio. Where are you situated? Are we talking 4 adults or 2 little ones?

Having a large garage is great but the problem is, you tend to fill it! And with 4 people, and all their full-time gear, you might just find yourself struggling with payload.

·
Premium Member
11,786 Posts
Having a fixed bed at the back is a great idea however with 4 adults you may find that you would prefer more room especially in winter. Therefore an option with a rear lounge and a made up bed might provide that although I do take your point about wanting a large garage which is very useful especially if you are stowing lots of skiing stuff I guess.

Make sure to check very carefully what the payload of the MH is as mentioned above. 4 adults could weigh a lot together with all their belongings and you might struggle. For example I looked up a Eura Mobil Terrestra A 690 HB 2007 that you mention and found a 2010 model on line, which only has a payload of 350kg.

You will also need to carefully check the number of belted seat too as not all motorhomes will have enough even if they are sold as 4 berth or 6 berth.

• Helpful
Reactions: raynipper

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GMJ,

Thanks for your useful reply. I definitely didn't pay much attention to payload. In that case, Eura mobil left almost no weight for belongings in case of 4 adults.
My plan is to go to Alps for ski trips with my girlfriend but during summer my plan is to go to regattas with 3-4 people.

There is one Eura Mobil 570 HS with a with a rear lounge and a made up bed and 2950kg.
Looks very different to that what I was looking for but now make sense.

Hobby definitely weights less than Eura. Siesta is 3050kg and have setup I was looking for. Is it good enough for winter trips? There is some model with heated waste tank but I am not sure does it have a double floor.

Fiat 2.3 vs Ford 2.2 from that age with 150000km on the clock? What is your experience?

If there is any manufacturer I should pay attention to please let me know.

·
Premium Member
11,786 Posts
I am not really up on most makes/models I'm afraid but there is loads of knowledge on this site so I'm sure folks will come along and add value.

Looking at how you plan on using the MH then you need to check that the MH is fully winterised. You may also want to get one with - or have it fitted - refillable gas, as keeping warm in winter is a must and you may not be on mains electricity when you go skiing perhaps?

For the summer you may want to give some consideration to buying an awning if 3-4 of you will be using the MH and if you are going to be staying in one place for more than a couple of days.. Most MH's will come with a wind out canopy which is useful cover/shade however you may want to think about an awning you attach to the MH which could be used as extra sleeping quarters by night and a useful usable space by day.

There are loads to choose from but perhaps one which attaches to the guide rail at the front of the canopy (when the canopy is not wound out) or perhaps a driveaway awning, may suit. You can also get awnings which enclose the wind out canopy when it is wound out (known as safari rooms) but in my experience these are quite bulky and heavy to carry around.

We have an inflatable Kampa air awning which weighs in at around 20kg from memory and we can get a table, 2 chairs, a BBQ and 2 bikes in it and still be able to sit an eat a meal.

Please call me Graham btw :)

·
Premium Member
25,559 Posts
I remember a while back several comments on the vulnerability of the Ford base motorhomes being easily stolen.

Ray.

• Helpful
Reactions: GMJ

·
Premium Member
11,786 Posts
Brossaudio - can I ask what it's like motorhoming in Serbia? I know you haven't got your MH yet but is the country set up for it with campsites? Is wild camping allowed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Serbia is few years behind rest of Europe so there is not as many aires and camp sites like in Europe and UK but I think that you can do some wild camping without trouble. I think that authority does not recognize it as a danger or business. It is very safe country so you won't have trouble with locals or wild animals. We do not have many workshops or dealers so it is not perfect place to repair your vehicle a guess. We have only Adria dealer as I know.

·
Premium Member
11,893 Posts
@brossaudio

Welcome.

You do not say whether you have a C1 licence for driving 3.5-7.5t which could make a difference to your choice of MH and the payload you will nee, especially if even two of you are carrying your own skis, boots etc.

Your specification sounds good for what you want to use it for.

I do not know the market in Serbia, but if you can get to Germany to look at some motorhomes then mobile.de is a good source of ones for sale, although at your budget of €35K you might e looking at older ones, but no problem there as some of them were built well, but you would need to go for the upper marques to be sure theywill last for you.

We have a 20 year-old Niressman&Bischoff and the likes of that from Hymer, Burstner etc. would fall within your budget, especially if bought privately.

Good lick finding what you want.

And tell us why you are in Beograd. I am in Katowice, Poland

Geoff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@nicholsong

Thanks for responding. I do not have C1 licence. Just B, BE...

I am searching web sites from Slovenia to Finland 😃
Mobile.de gives me most results. It's a bit complicated because I am very far so I rely on sellers rating, conversation and pictures.

If somebody can recommend trusted seller in Europe it would be useful too.

Serbian marker of used MH is small and it is consisted of vehicles brought from other countries (usually damaged and repaired).

Usually I am looking for vehicle from 2002-2008. Have I lot of results but I do not have experience to make a decision. Now I realize that payload is very important thanks to @GMJ. Another criteria in my filters 😃

In the end, I am in Belgrade because I am Serbian citizen. I am running a sailing club and go to regattas in Europe, so MH would be great upgrade to my team.

Hopefully one day I will have knowledge to support newbies and persons who want to visit Serbia like I do now in sailing.

·
Premium Member
11,893 Posts
@nicholsong

Thanks for responding. I do not have C1 licence. Just B, BE...

I am searching web sites from Slovenia to Finland 😃
Mobile.de gives me most results. It's a bit complicated because I am very far so I rely on sellers rating, conversation and pictures.

If somebody can recommend trusted seller in Europe it would be useful too.

Serbian marker of used MH is small and it is consisted of vehicles brought from other countries (usually damaged and repaired).

Usually I am looking for vehicle from 2002-2008. Have I lot of results but I do not have experience to make a decision. Now I realize that payload is very important thanks to @GMJ. Another criteria in my filters 😃

In the end, I am in Belgrade because I am Serbian citizen. I am running a sailing club and go to regattas in Europe, so MH would be great upgrade to my team.

Hopefully one day I will have knowledge to support newbies and persons who want to visit Serbia like I do now in sailing.
Your English is so good that I thought you were English not Serbian.:D

·
Premium Member
11,786 Posts
My wife was reading an article about Belgrade this weekend hence my asking. I don't know about other folk but we tend to think more about motorhoming in the EU rather than in other countries of Europe. We would gladly visit Norway or Switzerland without giving it much thought but have never looked at The Balkans really.

·
Premium Member
25,559 Posts
What happened about your states tour G.?

Ray.

·
Premium Member
11,786 Posts
Still on Ray. I think I explained that it would be a while yet as Mrs GMJ wont go whilst her father is still with us. She'll countenance a 2 month trip in Europe but not a 6 month one over the pond...just in case something happened to him, which is fair enough I reckon.

·
Premium Member
11,786 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,786 Posts
No problem at all.

Stick around and let us know your progress (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dear MHF friends,

As I took the payload very seriously after your advice, I sacrificed a big garage-fix bed layout for more compact options. The tow hitch is still must have but I am trying to put take some winterized options too. I found EuraMobil Profilia 580 LS 2013 (Ford Transit 2.2 TDCI 103KW) for CHF 32500 and HYMER EXIS 2.8 JTD SK (Fiat) for CHF 22'997. Hymer's layout looks very authentic, I am not so sure how 3 or 4 people work in this environment.

On the other side, I found Carado Capron A 241 2010 (Ford Transit 2.4 TDI) for CHF 32000. Nice and big with air condition bot without a double floor. 500kg of payload (probably without aircon) it's probably on the limit.

Any comments about these vehicles?
What do you think about Ford?
Is it possible to spend some time in an unwinterized vehicle in low temperatures?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts