Motorhome Facts Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
13,295 Posts
You might struggle with a payload of 500kg for 3 or 4 people.

Ford... My first MH was on a Ford base and it was grand. People say they're easily broken into but when we were stopped on the outskirts of Lisbon both our immediate neighbours were broken into but they didn't get into ours, tho they tried.

I'm sure it's possible to live in an unwinterised MH in low temperatures but it may not be very comfortable. But you can do things to improve that - I lay a fitted foam-style carpet underlay on my floors for winter with the normal rugs on top. I also have a curtain made of thermal lining material that fits in front of the huge windscreen, and thermal linings on the side cab windows.

Along with fleecy socks n blanket I can be very comfortable!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You might struggle with a payload of 500kg for 3 or 4 people.

Ford... My first MH was on a Ford base and it was grand. People say they're easily broken into but when we were stopped on the outskirts of Lisbon both our immediate neighbours were broken into but they didn't get into ours, tho they tried.

I'm sure it's possible to live in an unwinterised MH in low temperatures but it may not be very comfortable. But you can do things to improve that - I lay a fitted foam-style carpet underlay on my floors for winter with the normal rugs on top. I also have a curtain made of thermal lining material that fits in front of the huge windscreen, and thermal linings on the side cab windows.

Along with fleecy socks n blanket I can be very comfortable!
Thanks for your response.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts