Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,967 Posts
If the method of towing is lawful then your MH insurance should cover 3rd party risks whilst towing. Damage to the car would be covered under it's own insurance assumming it is fully comprehensive.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
The toad is insured by my motorhome insurance for third party risks and by the car insurance for own damage.
I have checked and have it in writing. Car insurance is with swiftcover.
Gerry

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was of the understanding when i had the a frame fitted the the campervan insurance covered it (their words on the phone ) but when the a frame broke and separated from the car (shoddy workmansip in fitting) the insurance company for the rv washed their hands of it and the car's own policy stepped in after a few phone calls so get everything in writing

·
Registered
205 Posts
irishrver said:
I was of the understanding when i had the a frame fitted the the campervan insurance covered it (their words on the phone ) but when the a frame broke and separated from the car (shoddy workmansip in fitting) the insurance company for the rv washed their hands of it and the car's own policy stepped in after a few phone calls so get everything in writing
I think we all need to know what make it was if it fell apart!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
who insures the car on a aframe

Thanks you guys for your comments i was aware that the motorhome insurance covered the car for 3rd party,but coversure who i am with say it is not coverd for fully comprehensive. i will try comfort for a quote.

cheers maurice

·
Registered
29 Posts
in regards to make of a frame of a frame it was done by car a tow in Dorset it was welded on to the bracket bracket and not bolted the welding to say the least was 3rd rate within 9 months and about 1000km it snapped 90% of the weld was corroded with just a few specks of weld holding the car to the towing eyes the car went across 2 lanes of taffic over the centre divide and across the other 2 lanes before stopping in a ditch luckily we had just gone around a roundabout when it parted ways and the cars approaching it were also going slow so were able to avoid the car i will try and post photos later as soon as i find out how to do it :oops:
last i heard was my insurance company were suing them all this happened 3 years ago

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.