Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since finding motorhome facts .com.i dont intend buying anymore monthly motorhome magazines or joining any clubs , as you can get any information you need on this site i think it is great.i would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Have just joined the Classic CC but haven't been to any meeting or anything yet.
Have found everyone i've spoken (posted) to on here, to be so helpful an really friendly, and I must say thank you for that.
Unfortunately my calender is fully booked this year but I will definately be making room for at least a couple of MHF events during next year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agree with you knaus that this is an excellent site for info ect. but am not so sure about not needing to join a club?,,,

I was a member of the Viking Fiberline owners club in the 1970's, (touring caravan), and that was an excellent club. But now we have a discontinued motorehome, we are really not sure where to find the "rally" type of events where we would be made as welcome at, as the "one make" club events that occur around the country.

Eirwen and I would love to discover a club of like-minded folks,... who would meet up in a field behind a pub somewhere,... go out for a meal and a drink together,... then carry each other back to the motorhome,... and compare hangovers the following morning !

Alan

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello everybody

I totally agree with Alandeirwen. You do need other clubs and I know what he means by compare hangovers in the morning. I am a member of the Autotrail Owners Club and what a great lot they are. If you have a problem somebody has already had it and will know how to sort it. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with MHF as a web site but possibly everybody is busy doing their own thing for MHF rallies which is a shame. I for one would like to attend a MHF rally but I already have the year sorted for rallies and holidays. Maybe like the proposed Morocco/Spain rally members need plenty of notice

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
A bit difficult for me on 2 fronts, first I dont have a "brand name" MH so there isn't a club for it and second, I too am tied up a good 12 months in advance with other weekend commitments.

I do intend to try and make a rally somewhere, sometime, but in the meantime, the MHF site keeps me in touch, keep it going people.

·
Vendor
1,395 Posts
Spain/Morocco Rally/Tour 2006

RainDancer said:
Hello everybody

I for one would like to attend a MHF rally but I already have the year sorted for rallies and holidays. Maybe like the proposed Morocco/Spain rally members need plenty of notice
Quite right RainDancer, that was my intension in posting the Spain/Morocco Rally a full year in advance. It's not just the cost (not too expensive for what it is!) but time needed to set aside for either or both.......running back to back but separate events............Also, I have been doing these Morocco tours for client groups for many years an learnt very early on that the planning and prep for such a trip was nearly as much fun as the actual tour...........So, it's this time next year................

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello Detourer

Glad somebody else thinks like me. I organised a trip in 2003 for 6 vans to tour Ireland you will understand the problems that can cause trying to get everybody to agree. At the moment I am trying to sort out 2006 for rallies , a 6 van tour of possibly France and Germany and my own holiday. The rewards are seeing the happy smiling faces at the end of the trip and the sadness of having to leave.

To all rally organizers KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK people do appreciate what you do

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
aido said:
since finding motorhome facts .com.i dont intend buying anymore monthly motorhome magazines or joining any clubs , as you can get any information you need on this site i think it is great.i would recommend it to anyone.
8) I don't need or want to join any clubs. They are usually started and run by people to further their own needs. Just my opinion. :roll:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi johnsandywhite

Sorry you feel like that. But don't knock it until you have tried it. The opinion may be yours but you can upset a lot of people with it me for one. I send hours organising rallies and equipment for rallies for NO payment and I don't expect thanks but when you do get thanks from ralliers it is very welcome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree with RainDancer, his work is greatly appreciated. One moan I do have, last night I booked a couple of sites in France with the Caravan Club. Because I didn't book the Ferry or took out insurance they slap a £25.00 admin charge on the cost, which amounted to over 25% of the total cost. I believe there is no benefit being a member if this is the case.

LL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.