Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the A23 in my motorhome on the weekend and decided to pull into a petrol station.
My girlfriend asked me why I was stopping.

Me : "To get some water".

Her : "I've got cranberry juice in the fridge."

Me : "Yes - but that will ruin the engine !"

:roll:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
You are treading on dangerous ground with your title!
:lol:
There are many wise ones (females) on this board and I was pondering exercising my right as a moderator (LOL) and editing your title so not to offend them:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Mmmm, I agree Gillian, don't think we want to go down the road of slagging off the other sex do we?

Let's look at the original situation here -

As the driver of the vehicle, Drifter was concerned for the vehicle's welfare, his girlfriend on the other hand was showing her concern for his welfare.

Had the situation been reversed I'm sure that the same confuson would have arisen - don't think it's to do with the sex of each participant but their position as driver & co-pilot.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point Caz !

Having checked my motorhome engine history I find the fuel filter needs cleaning, the brake shoes checked and the plug heaters need changing as my winter service is this weekend. So, to prove my comments are not sexist, this weekend I'm going to do the cooking and my girlfriend gets the toolbox.

Drifter.
8O

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Drifter said:
Good point Caz !

this weekend I'm going to do the cooking and my girlfriend gets the toolbox.

Drifter.
8O
Be careful you don't get it returned :arrow: travelling at a fair rate of knots.

Gillian

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gillian

I think Mrs Drifter will be OK with this as long as I remember to interpret those phrases which mean something completely different when used by a woman :

Fine.

This is the word she uses at the end of any argument she feels she's right but can't stand to hear me argue any longer. It means that I should shut up. (I must NEVER use "Fine" to describe how she looks. This will cause one of those arguments.)

Five minutes.

This is half an hour. It's that period of time she takes to get ready to drive, even though you've already done the departure checklist. It is equivalent to the five minutes that it takes to pack up the fishing gear before I take have to take out the rubbish bin, so she feels that it's an even trade.

Nothing.

"Nothing" usually means something ! And I should be on my toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling she has of wanting to turn me inside out, upside down, and backwards. It translates as you've definitely done something wrong but won't tell me so I must feel guilty. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with the word "Fine."

Drifter

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
spot on drifter, see how easy it is when you learn a few simple rules!
:female: :wav: :male:

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Drifter said:
Five minutes.

This is half an hour.
Drifter
Damn! You've cottoned on.
Now you resist when she says " Would you mind attending to ****** , it's only a five minute job". :D

Gillian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.