Motorhome Facts Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Looking at your map Pete I notice that you have a number places on Crete. What are the roads like? Most single track? I am thinking of getting the once a week ferry from Gythio to Kissamoss. From what I hear though it is not the most reliable. Turn up and wait perhaps for a day or 2.

What ferry did you take?

Dick

·
Premium Member
13,271 Posts
Looking at your map Pete I notice that you have a number places on Crete. What are the roads like? Most single track? I am thinking of getting the once a week ferry from Gythio to Kissamoss. From what I hear though it is not the most reliable. Turn up and wait perhaps for a day or 2.

What ferry did you take?

Dick
Dick

The roads on Crete were fine 30 years ago - it is a big island and with a big population. There may be some single'track roads leading to a remote beach but that would be all I think, but maybe some short narrow parts in mountain villages.

I was going to sugges the ferry from Gythio, but was not sure if it is still running; definitely save the drive back to Athens and unfortunately the ferry from Monevassia to Athens stopped a few years ago - pity. Good thing is the roads are better - the two factors are probably interconnected:wink2:

Geoff

81 - 84 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.