Motorhome Facts Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
The point you made was that we would face "agony" - we wont as we are very happy as I explained. We will probably get beaten at some stage - yes. So be it. We will still be happy...and presumably keep our manager.

All I started the thread for was to engender some friendly discussion that's all. I didn't expect such rudeness!

We'll leave it there Essex man

Graham :serious:

PS ...and as for tit for tat: "You're arrogant", "no you're arrogant..." what was it you said: - "ner ner ner ner ner !!" - so perhaps take a look at yourself . Come on! ...and try getting over yourself too
Ok then.. we'll leave it there taff man !

·
Premium Member
22,586 Posts
Yes but so do you. Re read what you have said:laugh:

Like a big kid... we went further than you. ner ner ner ner ner !! come on :confused:

You have been in one competition for gods sake, get over yourself man:wink2:

Steve
Sadly, the English team seems to have a long memory and that's it.....

I like the comment supposedly made by one of the team that did win the World Cup after the Iceland game......

when asked what the result would be if that team played Iceland he said 1-0, when asked why so conservative, he supposedly said that most of that team are over 70 now...... :grin2:

Dave

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I'm pleased that Wales have very sensibly decided to switch their national sport from rugby to football :wink2:

·
Premium Member
9,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes I couldn't quite believe what I was watching especially after going 1 nil down! Hard to think that on paper (where the game isn't played) that Belgium are ranked No 2 in the world!

There's a lot to be said for team spirit and following a plan.

As I have said on this thread we are just happy being there so every game is a bonus and a cup final. Portugal haven't fired fully yet but can be tasty. Bale and Ronaldo against each other should be interesting but I think we are hurt by losing Ramsey (and Davis too) for the semi. Still if we do get through they will be fresh for the final.:smile2:

Fingers crossed for Weds

Graham

·
Premium Member
11,222 Posts
Had an interesting night in the site bar full of Belgian folk, son and I wearing our NI tops being the only ones cheering Wales on.

The Spanish and Germans seemed pleased, the French and Belgians less pleased.

Come on Wales, final is possible.

Terry

Reactions: GMJ

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
I am not a football fan, as generally, I think it is no longer sport, more about money, and big girls blouses taking a fall, pretending to be injured.
But this is different and is sport, and I wish the Welsh team well!
Go on Wales, you can do it!

·
Premium Member
9,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I am not a football fan, as generally, I think it is no longer sport, more about money, and big girls blouses taking a fall, pretending to be injured.
But this is different and is sport, and I wish the Welsh team well!
Go on Wales, you can do it!
Nicely put Grath

My first 2 sports are rugby and cricket (I like boxing too) then followed by football but I have been really proud of the boys :grin2:

I too get pee'd off with the falling over at the slightest touch so that some advantage can be secured; and the constant shouting/swearing at the ref's etc. The contrast with rugby (and cricket) is startling.

Graham :smile2:

Reactions: 113016

·
Premium Member
11,222 Posts
Well said Barry, tonight in the Spanish bar the Spanish and French were joining us in cheering on Wales.

Bad luck Wales, like NI you did the UK proud, thank you.

Well England were just England, pity but there it is, some things never change !

Terry

·
Premium Member
11,222 Posts
England are always knocked,but they do mostly qualify for the Euro and World
championships,only missing out on the odd one.Only time will tell if any of the other home nations can be so consistant!:grin2:
But given the pool of supposedly top class players England have, compared to Northern Ireland and Wales, surely just qualifying isn't good enough for England, but yes I agree they are consistent, consistently poor, but hey if that's how you measure success good luck >:)

Get them to play for the shirt as opposed to their egos and they might just crack it. :grin2:

Terry

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
But given the pool of supposedly top class players England have, compared to Northern Ireland and Wales, surely just qualifying isn't good enough for England, but yes I agree they are consistent, consistently poor, but hey if that's how you measure success good luck >:)

Get them to play for the shirt as opposed to their egos and they might just crack it. :grin2:

Terry
Well everyone cannot win Terry,and if you dont qualify you definetly wont win.
Well done to Wales,they did alot better than even they could of dreamt of. And I watched and wanted them to win tonight.:frown2:

But time will tell if they can qualify abit more often than once every 50 years!
I do hope they do,along with NI,ROI and Scotland,it gives us more to cheer for if and when England get knocked out!:grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
9,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The boys can be proud of themselves. They punched WAY outside their weight division on this.

Lets hope they use it as a springboard now and push on for the next WC. Having all home nations playing good strong football would be great.

Graham

Reactions: Robell
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.