·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
It's not the 'player' I want to view my stored photos.
I like, am used to and it does everything I need. "Windows Photo Viewer". So thats what I want.
Like many things Microsoft imposed upon us over the years and then at a later date DECIDED we no longer needed their previous choice for us but have now DECIDED we need to use their latest choice.!

Ray.

Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
It was not on both my versions of Windows 10 Baz. I had to download from a site called "Bring back Windows Photo Viewer" and thats what I'm using today.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,225 Posts
I don't get why we have it on all three laptops but you don't Ray, is it a national thing perhaps?

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Photograph Computer Light Product Nature

·
Premium Member
44,225 Posts
Did you try choose another app or search Microsoft store too Ray.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I did initially after I found Win 10 didn't have it and ended up doing a 'search' and found the "Bring Back Windows Photo Viewer" and as I said I'm happy with.

Ray.

Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

·
Premium Member
44,225 Posts
Fairy snuff Ray, it is odd though isn't it.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
On windows 11 I have this:
Microsoft Photos 2022.31070.26005.0

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Yes Pat. I guess we all get used to our long term use or favourite software. Thats about the only reason I'm hesitating right now. Plus my 20 year old Casio camera thats recognised by Win 10. But Win 11 who knows.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
Windows will see most cameras as an external storage device. Should work.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Yes it did initially on Win 95, 98 and 2000 but then Vista, SE, Win8 etc just couldn't be used. But odd that Win 10 recognised it and off we go again. So happy bunny unless Win 11 again considers it too old.
It's the 'docking' station it had trouble with.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I bluddy knew it.
Bit the bullet and clicked the Win 11 button on my standby PC. All downloaded and installed in about 3 hours but as suspected no "Windows Photo Viewer". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now I am presented with what bluddy Microsoft has decided I need, "Photos" which is not what I want or like.

So thanks very much Microsoft but I'm very pissed off.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
Ray try this:

I've just done it and it worked in windows 11 The windows photo viewer app is still there.

I downloaded the reg file and double clicked and said yes to the prompts.
I restarted.
I then right clicked a photo and selected open with. And then selected choose another app and then at the bottom clicked more apps and in the list was Windows photo viewer.
And it opened fine.
I have to do that open with each time but if you click the always use this app option it shoukld remember it.

Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Thanks Pat. I have done it now by downloading again and selecting every image app and choosing "Windows Photo Viewer" as the default. But it's just another annoying waste of time.
Now got to see if my Casio docking station is recognised. As if we don't have enough to do.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Apart from that I can't see any difference .................................................. YET??

Oh yes and now my toolbar icons are now grouped along the middle of the screen. Wow big deal and life changing eh?

Ray.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts