Motorhome Facts Forum banner
101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
FWIW.
I use 'MS Photos' and the long time normal 'Pictures'
Photos is good for searching for specific scenes or objects and Pictures is the normal library.
Photos runs itself and I just click it off each time it appears/intrudes.... it automatically saves all inputted images in date order and is available for it's search abilities when needed.
VLC has always been my preferred media player.

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
44,225 Posts
My videos open with films and tv, and my photos open with Irfanview as does any music.

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
I have a synology NAS with its own photo system that has face recognition so don't really use the MS stuff.

• Helpful
Reactions: raynipper

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Anyone else found all the 'exciting' changes Windows 11 is bringing? Beginning to look like those Brexit benefits.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
Nothing earth shattering for me. But then I need it to be familiar and easy to switch to which it has. The Mac OS changes often have major impacts on software and the user experience.
All my Windows applications and additional hardware work just fine. It's very stable and quick.
Many of the changes are under the hood security improvements.
I've used Windows since it existed and this is just another step along. Some nice UI changes but a lot of familiar stuff kept.
I prefer the new start menu layout.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
More 'nags' from Microsoft to upgrade to Win 11 on my toolbar daily now.

Ray.

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
If you have the right hardware you can now download and run android apps under windows 11 which is cool. Only downside is the apps are provided by Amazon and I won't use Amazon.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
I found some of my photo editing software just froze so returned to 10 but later this month after the major update I will try it again.
Have installed it and all my photo editing software is running OK. Have had to make changes to the layout as they can't resist moving thing around so they are not in their usual places but so far so good.

·
Premium Member
25,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Win 11 still won't recognise my 20 year old Casio docking station that I use every day.

Ray.

• Haha
Reactions: barryd

·
Premium Member
29,370 Posts
Im going to get a new laptop when I get home. So ill probably go for W11 Pro. Just not sure what laptop to go for. Fancy something different but I bet I end up with another Thinkpad if for no other reason their keyboards are the best and you know how I like to go on a bit. :D

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Win 11 does not like my Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus software. Refuses to load. Roxio support suggests accessing Administrator account as a work around. Do not think this should be necessary to load the software. This is using latest version from Roxio site.

Blue Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Win 11 does not like my Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus software. Refuses to load. Roxio support suggests accessing Administrator account as a work around. Do not think this should be necessary to load the software. This is using latest version from Roxio site.

View attachment 98714
The problem then lies with Roxio in that they've released software incompatible with 11.

·
Premium Member
29,370 Posts
Nothing wrong with Windows PCs, especially these days. Most of the problems are caused by end users and all the crap they put on them which is a lot easier to do than on other platforms like Apple.

My ThinkPad has been faultless really. It's just getting long in the tooth now. It will be coming up six years I reckon so long overdue for a change.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts