Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Premium Member
2017 Hymer Exsis-i 504
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there's a thread somewhere about the merits or otherwise of upgrading (?!) to Windows 11 but it doesn't appear to be in the Tablets PCs part of the forum. (TBH, by the time I found THAT I'd forgotten why I was looking for it 馃槀)

What do you think?

Premium Member
Yes, there is another thread........................... :ROFLMAO:

Ray.

• Sad
Reactions: Pudsey_Bear

Premium Member

Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
I am in no rush, Win10 does all I need it too, I think most wouldn't need to bother upgrading assuming it is an upgrade.

Reactions: raynipper

Premium Member
I think it will remain 'free' for some considerable time Jean while Microsoft keeps trying to bring old Win 10 users into their fold.

Ray.

Premium Member
I'm on 10 and haven't had any notifications to change to 11. When I check my system settings it says that I can upgrade to 11 but like a lot of you folks, I'll just wait I think. As Kev says, 10 seems to work just fine as it is.

Premium Member
Have bit the bullet and installed win 11 again and so far so good as everything seems to working fine. Had to use an app to sort out how apps are displayed but other that it all seem good鈥︹.so far.

Premium Member
Yup GG, I can't see much difference with the one PC now on Win 11 except for the tool bar icons now in the centre and it deleted my Windows Photo Viewer and Casio camera docking station.
So no big 'wow' from me. Let us know if you do find a positive GG.

Ray.

Reactions: greygit

Premium Member
My laptop is now telling me that Windows 11 is ready to install.

I'd be interested on hearing updates from you chaps/chapesses who have installed it on how it is for you?

Are we confident that bugs etc have been ironed out now?

• Helpful

Premium Member
I installed it on my Dell XPS 13 when it became available, can't remember exactly when but not had one problem with it since.
Obviously as with all changes you'll need a short while to adapt, better or not than previous versions, don't know how to answer that as they have all worked in one fashion or another even going back to old DOS operating systems, remember insert your 3.5" floppy and away you go?
Be brave go for it, if nothing else it is more secure than previous versions.

Premium Member
Agreed John but why do they have to always change the appearance and location of things. I find I now have to remember the tool bar is centred when looking to shut down and I need to right click again on some menus to expand the options.
It just feels they are hiding things to keep you on your toes.

Ray.

Reactions: GMJ and eurajohn

Premium Member
Agreed John but why do they have to always change the appearance and location of things. I find I now have to remember the tool bar is centred when looking to shut down and I need to right click again on some menus to expand the options.
It just feels they are hiding things to keep you on your toes.

Ray.
I've got the Desktop Taskbar icons aligned to the left, the Taskbar Clock showing date \ time as I like them, a Shutdown Button on the Taskbar, etc, etc, etc...
Have a look at Winaero Tweaker as it gives a vast array of tweaks to Windows 7 \ 8 \ 10 \ 11. Just be careful you know what each one does before you implement it.

Been running Win 11 alongside Windows 10 and, very occasionally, still Windows 7 and Linux MInt Cinnamon for well over a year and the only "major" issue I've had with Win 11 is that the Windows Security icon in the taskbar shows that some action is required but when you open Windows Security it actually says all up to date! Well know issue and believe there's a registery fix out there but not done it yet!

Premium Member
Thanks Gelly.
And yes I guess it's adjustable back to the form we like but it's annoying that Microsoft feels we need things moved about.

Ray.

Premium Member
Think they were probably trying to replicate what Apple looks like but .....
Agreed, it can be a pita! :rolleyes:
You could be right but why they would bother I don't know as Windows is used by a darn site more people than Apple. Apple is used by something like 25% but Windose is in the region of 65%.

Premium Member
It's tinkering, gotta please someone eventually. All my Computer Active mag came up with initially was they have rounded the corners of some icons. Great.!

Ray.

Premium Member
Windows 11 we are told is more secure, does anyone know in what way it is more secure?

Premium Member
Cos Microsoft will stop 'supporting' Win 10. Therefore Win 11 will be more secure than an unsupported system.;)

Ray.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts