Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am looking for somewhere reliable in the Lancashire/Greater Manchester area that can service and MOT my RV. I have tried a couple of local (Bolton) garages and they are not upto the job, or have not the experience. Has anybody any ideas. I need the Air con sorting, the Jacks are leaking and the heater control needs easing. It will also need an MOT in September.
Regards
Michael
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
839 Posts
The other thing to take into consideration is the weight. If it is over 3500kgs and you are 70 or over or have Diabetes you will have to have a Medical to allow you to drive a larger vehicle. If you already have health problems you might find this difficult.

Good luck in your search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
Did you read the post????

The other thing to take into consideration is the weight. If it is over 3500kgs and you are 70 or over or have Diabetes you will have to have a Medical to allow you to drive a larger vehicle. If you already have health problems you might find this difficult.???????????????????

He wants the van sorted not his body.

Andy[/quote]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
839 Posts
No need to be snotty, I was trying to inform him/her of the possible pitfalls with being new to motorhomes and him/her looking for one to live in fulltime that he/she may have a problem with weight. He/She has already said that they have health problems hence wanting a fixed bed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
randonneur said:
No need to be snotty, I was trying to inform him/her of the possible pitfalls with being new to motorhomes and him/her looking for one to live in fulltime that he/she may have a problem with weight. He/She has already said that they have health problems hence wanting a fixed bed.
I don't think he was being 'snotty' randonneur - just puzzled,like me! The OP was asking where he could get his RV serviced and makes no mention - that I can see - of 'being new to motorhomes' or even 'looking for one to live in full time' or even any 'health problems' other than those of his existing motorhome. I'm sure you were trying to be helpful, and your advice is sond - but to whom were you responding?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
MAldous said:
Hi
I am looking for somewhere reliable in the Lancashire/Greater Manchester area that can service and MOT my RV. I have tried a couple of local (Bolton) garages and they are not upto the job, or have not the experience. Has anybody any ideas. I need the Air con sorting, the Jacks are leaking and the heater control needs easing. It will also need an MOT in September.
Regards
Michael
Not in Lancashire/Greater Manchester area I'm afraid, but nevertheless not too far from Bolton ..... Google them

Rodley Motors - American car and motorhome workshop
Cutler Heights Lane (5 minutes from the M606)
Bradford
BD4 9PD
England
Opening Times
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:30pm
Contact Us
Tel: 01274 688968
Fax: 01274 681613
email :[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
time-traveller said:
MAldous said:
Hi
I am looking for somewhere reliable in the Lancashire/Greater Manchester area that can service and MOT my RV. I have tried a couple of local (Bolton) garages and they are not upto the job, or have not the experience. Has anybody any ideas. I need the Air con sorting, the Jacks are leaking and the heater control needs easing. It will also need an MOT in September.
Regards
Michael
Not in Lancashire/Greater Manchester area I'm afraid, but nevertheless not too far from Bolton ..... Google them

Rodley Motors - American car and motorhome workshop
Cutler Heights Lane (5 minutes from the M606)
Bradford
BD4 9PD
England
Opening Times
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:30pm
Contact Us
Tel: 01274 688968
Fax: 01274 681613
email :[email protected]
Web Page Name
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
time-traveller said:
time-traveller said:
MAldous said:
Hi
I am looking for somewhere reliable in the Lancashire/Greater Manchester area that can service and MOT my RV. I have tried a couple of local (Bolton) garages and they are not upto the job, or have not the experience. Has anybody any ideas. I need the Air con sorting, the Jacks are leaking and the heater control needs easing. It will also need an MOT in September.
Regards
Michael
Not in Lancashire/Greater Manchester area I'm afraid, but nevertheless not too far from Bolton ..... Google them

Rodley Motors - American car and motorhome workshop
Cutler Heights Lane (5 minutes from the M606)
Bradford
BD4 9PD
England
Opening Times
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:30pm
Contact Us
Tel: 01274 688968
Fax: 01274 681613
email :[email protected]
Web Page Name
Still learning ! I'll try again ... click here http://www.rodleymotors.co.uk/rodley-motors-history.html
 

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
Joined
·
46,666 Posts
It's easy to do TT

There is a little world icon with a chain link on it just above the box you type in, click on it and copy the web address into it, the next box, you type in what you want the world to see, as it doesn't show the url, most just put "click here" simples once you've done it a couple of times.

Or do it manually by doing as below, but without the quotes

"click here"

While in computer mode if you want to quote from a post, but not all of it do as below. but enclose it in [ ] brackets, I tried to do it as it should be in quotes but it just put a quote up like this

members user name said:
copy and paste whatever you want to quote from the post
quote="members user name"]copy and paste whatever you want to quote from the post[/quote

hope that makes sense.

Kev.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,180 Posts
(Off topic, but if it helps a specific query :D )

Hi Kev and TT

The easiest way to fool this into showing how it's done manually . . .

members user name said:
copy and paste whatever you want to quote from the post
. . . is to insert an extra space within one of the pairs of square brackets.

Like this . . .
members user name said:
copy and paste whatever you want to quote from the post[/quote ]

That will confuse it, then you need only indicate that (in this example) the extra space before the final square bracket should not be included in practice.

Easy to do, but as you say, a bit tricky to explain in a few words. :?

Hope this helps

Dave :D
 

·
Premium Member
2007 Fiat Ducato Ace Siena 2.2 100 Multijet, Keighley, Still in Gods County.
Joined
·
46,666 Posts
I'm always off topic, it could be my new user name :lol: :lol: :lol: never did like Hazel nuts.

The way TT did the link is fine of course, it just looks a bit more flasher like innit, to do it with HTML, there are more even flashier ways to do it too, but not sure this forum can handle it.

As a bonus, if you've never done HTML, it's a nice simple way to get the basics IE the bold/italic/underscore was done like this basics[/b ][/u ][/i ]

omit the space before the final 3 ]'s in this case.

At least turning 59 doesn't seem to have done too much damage to the old grey cells, they were knackered before. :black:

Kev.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top