Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep my motorcaravan outside, this is my first winter as an owner. In two months time it will need a good clean up before we hit the road. Any advice , what is the best way to clean the outside. Currently there are lots of black lines all starting from the roof, I suppose dirt collected from the sky everytime it rains. What is the best cleaning liquid and equipment that I should use without damaging my motorcaravan. Any bright ideas please

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
After washing we find that one of the spray furniture polishes such as Mr Sheen is very effective. Spray, leave a few seconds and clean off. Works for us.
The worst to clean off a motorhome is the fly debris. I suppose that's partly because of the difficulty in reaching some of it in the centre of the overcab area.

Gillian

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Over the years I have used Silky for removal of black lines on both caravans and motorhomes, its available from most decent dealers.
I dont use polish on our van A-S recon that its not wise to use standard type polishes on their monococque type vans and I think its a marine type they suggest cant remember its name

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Just looking through my post above and it would appear that we use Mr Sheen to clean the whole van.
We don't of course.

After washing we use Mr Sheen to clean off the black runs down the sides under windows etc.

Sorry.

Gillian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.