Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '86 Southwind Eagle.

I do not have an Owner's Manual. (Long story on trying to obtain one...don't get me started!)

I can grope about in and under the van and down the sides and find all sorts of pipes, taps & stopcocks, etc. But I cannot be sure which does what and I want to be certain that I have drained every tank, pipe and hose where even a little water may lurk - including the Truma.

Can anybody help with an original instruction list, diagram, whatever?

Thanks in advance, B

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I have no knowledge of your motorcaravan so can't help you.
The Truma will have its own drain tap. When I drain down I turn off the power to the pump, open all taps and then open all the drain cocks. This tends to siphon the water from the pipes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi,
Not sure about the Southwind, but my Fleetwood Terra has a drain tap inside under the bed. This drains the fresh water tank first, run all the taps (and shower) until all water is through and pumping air (don't leave the pump running like this for long). Big deal is to drain hot water tank by removing drain plug. Suggest you leave plug in loosely and all taps in open position.
Don't forget to empty all grey and black tanks! Check under sink to see if there is a bypass valve under there for hot water tank.
All this is as my instruction book and it's worked without problem for a number of years. In the US they refill with a special antifreeze but I can't seem to locate anything like that over here.
Another suggestion might be to check what chassis it is built on eg. Workhorse, they don't normally have this kind of detail as body is 'after ' built by Fleetwood but it will give you all sorts of other stuff you might need on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.