Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or whatever it’s called. Is this what I need to be able to get the house internet to work outsides 100meters or so away from the router?
https://www.wlan-shop24.de/alfa-network-4g-camp-pro-2-plus?curr=EUR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0d6K7K6V8gIVhwWiAx3XoQH-EAQYBCABEgLrDvD_BwE

·
Premium Member
17,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am about 100 meters away from the house where the internet is and want to pick up their internet in the van. Barryd has one, but that’s no longer available.

·
Premium Member
28,598 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
If you have an electrical hook up coming from a socket in the house you might be better off with a "Devolo". Wifi extenders can be problematic, with a "Devolo" you will have a guaranteed 100% connection all the time.

WiFi extenders certainly have a purpose but more often than not can cause problems.

·
Premium Member
28,598 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s not what I want, if there is free WiFi at a campsite I want to be able to pick it up when I am the other side of the campsite. The people on the German forum are making suggestions, (not improper). I’ll see what they have come up with, but I have to be in the house with the iPad, the mobile is far too small to make a decision on.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
I am about 100 meters away from the house where the internet is and want to pick up their internet in the van. Barryd has one, but that's no longer available.
Sorry Jan I gave an answer to your post above, i.e. picking up WiFi free from the house. I don't believe you mentioned campsites. Hence my question.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
If I understand any or all of the above it seems there are some misunderstandings.

The original link is to a device that is used to boost the signal FROM the source of the wifi signal.
If I understand Jan's requirement she is looking for a device that will help "pull in" an available weak signal something like this one perhaps.
https://www.solwise.co.uk/WL-PATRIOT-USBAR

·
Premium Member
17,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly John, thank you 😊 to the man who understand me so well 😂.
This one obviously has to come from the UK, there Must be Something similar here, I’ll wait until I get to my next stop where the Motorhomeowners are, they will probably know the best one for me to have.

·
Premium Member
36,440 Posts
I have one of these which works well, even if it does take a bit of setting up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kuma-WIFIK...ix=Wifi+Hotspot+Repeater+Kit+-,aps,219&sr=8-4

I can't see it on Amazon.de and getting it from the UK could well be a pain. Maybe try some of the German electronics chains, Mediamarkt and so on or a good motorhome accessory retailer.

This one looks as though it might do the job. Read the info and reviews. Don't forget that because it's Amazon you can send it back if you don't like it, for any reason at all.

https://www.amazon.de/Network-Camp-...ot+Booster+Kit+-+Wi-Fi&qid=1628061506&sr=8-35

·
Premium Member
32,151 Posts
Did you contact Addie at Motorhomewifi Jan? If the iBoost is now unavailable he may have something else that will work assuming he is prepared to send to Germany but mention my name and MHFacts. He and I are old friends off here and we did a lot of stuff and research on the kit so I bet he will help you.

However you may be right. Wait until you are amongst some of the German Motorhomers that know what works for them over there. It can get quite technical so you need something thats simple.

My connection here is not great so I wont be online much but drop Addie an email. Call: 0113 815 1120
Email: [email protected]

If you can get a powerline adaptor to work from 100 metres away parked in the van off grid then you might win some kind of global electronics award. :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alan, that was recommended to me yesterday but it said it was not available, today it is so I have ordered it.

Barry, I don’t know who answered me on an email yesterday but he said it was no longer available, but I will do as you suggest, if he suggests something else and if the Amazon one doesn’t do what it says I can try what he suggests.

Thanks both XX

·
Premium Member
36,440 Posts
Sorry, must have missed that post.

Must be going blind Jan. Just looked back and don't see the recommendation you refer to. Which one have you ordered and from where?

·
Premium Member
17,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn’t put it on here Alan because Amazon said it was not available, but suddenly today it is. Should be here Friday. Yes I have told them to send it here not home 😄

·
Premium Member
28,598 Posts
I got one Jan. Taken me an hour to find it as it came out of our van several years ago. Not needed now.

Ray.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,598 Posts
Come and get it Jan. Free.
Not sure now how the ariel connects to the phone/tablet/PC.

Ray.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.