Motorhome Facts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can someone tell me what you are not :( a subscriber to Motorhome Facts means in my personal inormation.

I can't mean newsletter because it notes I am signed up for that.

Please help, I can't bear to think I am missing out on something!

John :(

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
Hi John

The subscriber portion of this new setup allows me to define a section of the site that is only available for people who are subscribers, subscribers could be a paid fee type thing that has been mentioned on the forums before.

Nothing definate about it yet but its a consideration for me as the site is too useful a resource nowadays and too big to be run voluntary for free, so this idea was suggested in the forums of allowing everyone to join as is now, but if a small fee was paid they would receive a welcome pack with window sticker, maybe something else etc, access to extra parts of the site, forum section, not see adverts etc etc

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave,

I'm sure you remember my feelings on this matter. Now if anybody needs convincing is the time for folks to realise the importance of cost in keeping this forum alive!

There is no doubt in my mind that some form of subscription is an excellent idea. It does not mean that non subscribers can not have access to the general forums but there could be members only areas and perhaps free adverts in the auction and classified sections. There could also be a further subscribers forum area the content of which could be thought of later, but sufficient to encourage serious Motor Homers to suscribe.

Having a subscription base also means you would have at least a known amount of funding forth coming so that you can plan ahead an institute things like off-site backup or otherwise.

I am sure this posting will attract the usual comments of how silly a subscription area would be but I know from previous threads there is also strong support for such an idea. As someone said once before we buy magazines, the content of this forum is dynamic and contains every bit as much useful material and help as magazines.

If I was to quantify the time I spend reading Motor Home magazines and the time I spend on this site it would weigh very very heavily in the direction of the site - in fact I would probably be ashamed to admit how much!

I want to be the number 1 suscriber!

All the best,

John 8)

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
Put me down as number two - Missus can't watch her purse 24 hours a day.

·
Premium Member
13,217 Posts
Good idea but two points spring to mind.

Would this be a one off subscription or an annual one for instance? 12 months from joining date?

Would the subscription be required from those who have already voluntarily contributed to its upkeep?
If they become automatic members from a previous payment, can they voluntarily disregard it and subscribe the same as everyone else?

Just a couple of points to chew on. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think it is a great idea, I would be more than willing to subscribe to this site. I have had so much useful information and as we have only been motorhoming for 6 months feel that we don't have much to contribute in the way of hints and tips. This would be a way for us to 'give' something back to the site.

Autostratus has a point regarding how the subscription would work.

Pusser, that is the funniest avatar I have seen! :lol:

Karen & Bill

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a problem, I am quite prepared to pay for a sub on top of my donated cash!

Come on Dave I want to get my Number 1 in position, it will be nice to be the first for something in my life! :D :D

John

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
kazbill said:
I think it is a great idea, I would be more than willing to subscribe to this site. I have had so much useful information and as we have only been motorhoming for 6 months feel that we don't have much to contribute in the way of hints and tips. This would be a way for us to 'give' something back to the site.

Autostratus has a point regarding how the subscription would work.

Pusser, that is the funniest avatar I have seen! :lol:

Karen & Bill
That was me just before my first visit to the dentist. Couldn't fit a brace so they put on wheel clamps. :roll:

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
funnymunny said:
Hi all, ok lets see
the subscription would be for 12 months, with an annual renewal, this is to allow me to estimate incoming funds per annum to cover costs etc.

The subscription would start from the point where you click a link and pay to be a subscriber.

as for whether previous donators have to pay a subscription or not, hmmm its a toughie, but i am willing to dig through my inbox to find those who have donated in the past and give them first year subscriptions if thats the consensus of opinion otherwise we will start afresh.

any other ideas ?
Bit puzzled as to who is funny munny... Sorryt to be rude but I haven't seen it before and yet you speak as one of the Gods.

Grateful for a clue and apologies if I do sound rude - don't mean to.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
:D Don't worry Pusser with a name like funnymunny he must be a real whizz kid at sorting out the subscriptions and salting away the money somewhere safe. 8O

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
johnsandywhite said:
:D Don't worry Pusser with a name like funnymunny he must be a real whizz kid at sorting out the subscriptions and salting away the money somewhere safe. 8O
Perhaps he is a gnome from Zurich

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello all, THIS IS MY VERY FIRST LETTER ON THE NEW WEBSITE. I repeat without shouting, this is my very first letter on this new website, and the reason i am writing it is because i have just received an e-mail supposedly from this website calling me a GOD. On reading it and then going to the site i see somebody has used my name and I.D to send a letter saying that he would charge a fee etc for the use of the website. I can assure you all I have not written this so called letter and I am no GOD or whiz kid i am a simple minded person that loves the motorhome life, the name Funnymunny has a long history which i wont go into here and now but on reading the mail supposedly sent by me i was disgusted, annoyed and very worried to think that somebody could just use my I.D from this site that i have enjjoyed so much over the past couple of years.
Yours sincerely
R.Donovan

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
8O WOW funnymunny. That's not FUNNY at all. It's unfortunate that you will always get mischevious pranks by idiots pretending to be who they are not. But surely to have registered in your name (or anybody's else's for that matter), he would have to use an email for registration? If so? Maybe the site owner can bar them from the site?

·
Registered
203 Posts
any idea what sort of fee we are talking about?
I don't want to be cheap but am stretched already and when Michelle and I get married we LOSE £15 a week..
I want to stay as part of this site and as long as we are talking something like the sbmcc [£10 p.a.] I am very willing . If we are talking a lot more i will have to be a visitor only.
roi

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
:D Hi roi. If you read the above post by nukeadmin? It is intended to be a small fee to allow full access to all the site. For access to the Forums I expect it will still be free?:-

Quote:- but if a small fee was paid they would receive a welcome pack with window sticker, maybe something else etc, access to extra parts of the site, forum section, not see adverts etc etc

·
Vendor
18,541 Posts
lol i know what happened here ;)

Funnymunny emailed me saying they had a problem with activating their account and fwded me their activation email

I clicked on the link and activated it for them

however i then went on to post above and therefore i was actually logged in as them lol

i will try and edit it to relfect my name and apologies to funnymunny ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.